Need advice on P4 system crashing

Associate
Hi all, I have a friend whose PC has been crashing and resetting and popping up with boxes of error messages saying registry problems and the system file errors. He tried using the restore CD that came with the system and formated the machine and still does the same, so I ruled out virus/spyware.

He give me the machine which is as follows: 2.5 years old Advent P4 3.4, 1 Gb Ram, 250 gb Hd, MSI 865PEM2-ILS mobo. I did the following and got it to display the blue screen, which IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL stop 0x0000000A, but error messages popping up.

I know this is can be RAM related, but I memtested both sticks, and each individual sticks and single and dual channel, and memtest give all configurations the OK and tried another stick of ram from mine and OK.

Also ran the Maxtor Diagnostic software and this returned OK, then I ran a monitoring program and put a multi-meter on the molex plug and the temps only went up to 63 under prime95 and all the voltages, including the 12v was solid, with the 12v underload showing 11.91v, and when it crashed the voltage did not drop on the meter. The crashes are most frequent on the net, but machine has been reformatted and new install. He also uses a netgear router.

I can't think of anything else, other than a mobo dying or the HD is, but not showing is the diagnostics, but afraid to make a conclusion, as he could pay money for a board or HD or both and it could still be mem as I can't find anything conclusive.

Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom