Need an upgrade from my Creative Aurvana Live headphones

Associate
Hi, I've been using a pair of Creative Aurvana Live headphones for listening to music from my phone at work for several months now. In general I really like the sound of them and the fact that they leak very little sound which is very important in an open plan office. However I'm finding that comfort wise they do start to hurt my ears after a while as they are only slightly bigger than my ear lobes and so my ears rub on the inside edges of the cups.

I'm thinking I'd like to replace them for something more comfortable and might as well see if I can get a sound upgrade at the same time so I was hoping for some advice on what I could look to get. I need them to be closed back with minimal sound leakage and they must be comfortable for wearing for several hours at time over glasses. I don't have any amps so they need to be able to be driven fine just from my phone and sound wise I listen to wide variety of music so they need to be flexible but I wouldn't mind a slight bias towards bass. My budget is a maximum of £150 but if I could get something closer to £100 that would be preferable.

Many Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions, the DT770s and MDR-1A both look very nice. My phone is currently a One Plus 3 which I presume will be fine to drive both of them up to the 80Ohm version of the DT770s. Have either of you tried both to be able to directly compare the comfort and sound profile of them?

Back
Top Bottom