Need help installing Win 11 on new SSD in Asus laptop

Associate
I have an Asus Proart Studiobook 16.

I have bought a Samsung 990 Pro 2TB SSD to replace the one in the laptop, it is showing in the bios, so pretty sure it's functioning.

I swapped the drives over, put my USB windows installation media in and turned the laptop on.

I got a very short way through before it told me there's no drive.

Swapped the drives over again so I could get back into my old windows and done a bit of googling, found i needed the RST drivers on the USB drive to load.

I kept downloading it from the Intel site and kept seeing tutorials saying click extract instead of install, but the installation just kept saying it's not compatible with my system, so there was no option.

I found a forum topic regarding the same thing, and some guy has made them into a zip file to download, tried that and during the installation, got back to where it was saying no drive, tried to load them, and nothing was showing, I had to tick show incompatible drivers, then 3 listed, I tried using each but wouldn't work still.

Now I am really not sure what to do next?

Furthermore, which is odd, since getting back into windows on my old drive, it's now showing an E: drive, which I assume is the recovery partition in 'this pc' which it wasn't showing it before.

Not sure why?

I know I will lose that when I replace the SSD, but just not sure why it's showing there since trying to add the new SSD.

If anyone can please help, that would be much appreciated.

Regards

James

Back
Top Bottom