Need help Undervolting a 9900X CPU

Associate
I just purchased an ASUS X870E ProArt AMD 9900X CPU G.Skill DDR5 6000mhz CL30 32GB Ram and I have never Overclocked or Undervolted any CPU before,I have built plenty of systems just never messed around with Undervolting.

I watched a few youtube video's and one guy said you can Ryzen Master and just go to manual mode and set the boost speed to whatever your CPU's max boost speed is which mine is 5.6ghz,everytime I run the test with stock voltage my systems crash's.
I don't think I have any bad Hardware because I can run Cinebench and my system doesn't crash at all,my system crash's after 15 to 20 seconds of running Ryzen Master.

I was told that Ryzen Master isn't the greatest software and I'm inclined to believe the person that told me,he told me just to enter the numbers in the bios and then run Cinebench Prime95 and OCCT and just keep lowering the voltage of the CPU until it makes the CPU unstable then go back to the stable voltage it ran on without crashing.

All I want to do is to just lower my CPU's temps by Undervolting I don't care about getting anymore higher boost speeds the CPU is more then fast enough for me at 5.6ghz,I mainly just video encode a lot and use other video editing software.

Can anyone tell me the right way to Undervolt a 9900X CPU and also if I will have to use the Curve Shaper or Curve Optimizer.

My stock CPU voltage is 1.35 and I understand to enter 1.345 and then 1.34 and so on into the bios until my CPU can't run stable and then give it back some voltage until it does run stable.

I just don't know about Curve Shaper and Curve Optimizer and if I need to use them at all to keep my system running stable as well,if I do need to make changes to them as well can someone tell me what needs to be done,one guy told me that you Undervolt the CPU first then you adjust the Curve and then another guy said oh no that's wrong and another guy said you adjust both at the same time,and another guy said you just Undervolt the CPU cores and that's it no need to touch that other stuff.

@8 Pack I seen your video about the 9950X can you help me please.

To anyone trying to help me please don't tell me how to Undervolt so I get lower temps and then I can set my boost clock higher,I just want to focus on making my system run as cool as I can with my Noctua NH-D15 G2 cooler and I don't care about the little bit of extra speed I can pick up.

Also my Idle temps are 40C to 43C and when running Cinebench they go to 71C to 73C and stay at 71C to 72C for most of the test.
Running Handbrake my temps are 65C to 66C

Those temperatures are perfectly fine
You're not even close to max
Which I think might be 95c on that cpu
Though my memory isn't always right lol
I understand my temps are fairly low but I would still like to get the voltage down more,I'm in Canada and it get's very humid here at times and it's Fall here right now and the temps are lower,I want to be ready for summer when the real heat starts.

I just purchased an ASUS X870E ProArt AMD 9900X CPU G.Skill DDR5 6000mhz CL30 32GB Ram and I have never Overclocked or Undervolted any CPU before,I have built plenty of systems just never messed around with Undervolting.

I watched a few youtube video's and one guy said you can Ryzen Master and just go to manual mode and set the boost speed to whatever your CPU's max boost speed is which mine is 5.6ghz,everytime I run the test with stock voltage my systems crash's.
I don't think I have any bad Hardware because I can run Cinebench and my system doesn't crash at all,my system crash's after 15 to 20 seconds of running Ryzen Master.

I was told that Ryzen Master isn't the greatest software and I'm inclined to believe the person that told me,he told me just to enter the numbers in the bios and then run Cinebench Prime95 and OCCT and just keep lowering the voltage of the CPU until it makes the CPU unstable then go back to the stable voltage it ran on without crashing.

All I want to do is to just lower my CPU's temps by Undervolting I don't care about getting anymore higher boost speeds the CPU is more then fast enough for me at 5.6ghz,I mainly just video encode a lot and use other video editing software.

Can anyone tell me the right way to Undervolt a 9900X CPU and also if I will have to use the Curve Shaper or Curve Optimizer.

My stock CPU voltage is 1.35 and I understand to enter 1.345 and then 1.34 and so on into the bios until my CPU can't run stable and then give it back some voltage until it does run stable.

I just don't know about Curve Shaper and Curve Optimizer and if I need to use them at all to keep my system running stable as well,if I do need to make changes to them as well can someone tell me what needs to be done,one guy told me that you Undervolt the CPU first then you adjust the Curve and then another guy said oh no that's wrong and another guy said you adjust both at the same time,and another guy said you just Undervolt the CPU cores and that's it no need to touch that other stuff.

@8 Pack I seen your video about the 9950X can you help me please.
To lower the CPU voltage, it is better to use BIOS rather than Ryzen Master. Start with a small reduction of the normal voltage (e.g. from 1.35 to 1.345) and check the stability through tests like Cinebench or Prime95. If the system remains stable, you can lower more.
Curve Optimizer is a useful tool, but it's better to work with the main voltage first. If the goal is just to lower the temperature, lower the voltage in stages and test. Curve Optimizer can be set up later for additional fine tuning.

I understand my temps are fairly low but I would still like to get the voltage down more,I'm in Canada and it get's very humid here at times and it's Fall here right now and the temps are lower,I want to be ready for summer when the real heat starts.
I have a 5950x
So can't guarantee the same works for 7xxx and 9xxx cpus
But tweaking ppt,edc,tdc lowers my temperature
More than tweaking voltage will
Those reduce the power sent to cpu
Other option see if there's an eco mode for your cpu

Though like I said your miles below max
Even in summer you might still be OK
But you could make a separate bios profile
And switch to it if becomes necessary in summer

Edit
Your motherboard bios may have power settings
That go from eco then various stages to max
Rather than just eco and max

Last edited:
To lower the CPU voltage, it is better to use BIOS rather than Ryzen Master. Start with a small reduction of the normal voltage (e.g. from 1.35 to 1.345) and check the stability through tests like Cinebench or Prime95. If the system remains stable, you can lower more.
Curve Optimizer is a useful tool, but it's better to work with the main voltage first. If the goal is just to lower the temperature, lower the voltage in stages and test. Curve Optimizer can be set up later for additional fine tuning.
I was planning on not using Ryzen Master and just entering stuff in the bios,with Curve Optimizer is that where you set a negative offset also if that is the case how do you when to stop will the system want to run unstable again.

I understand how to add my max 5.6ghz into the bios if I do not want my CPU to boost higher and use more power and also generate more heat.

Last edited:
I was planning on not using Ryzen Master and just entering stuff in the bios,with Curve Optimizer is that where you set a negative offset also if that is the case how do you when to stop will the system want to run unstable again.

I understand how to add my max 5.6ghz into the bios if I do not want my CPU to boost higher and use more power and also generate more heat.
If you plan to use Curve Optimizer, start with a small negative offset in the BIOS and test the system. Once the system becomes unstable, go back up one value for stability. If you don't want the processor to overclock above 5.6 GHz, lock that value and limit power consumption to control heat dissipation.

Back
Top Bottom