Need Help with Disk Images

Associate
I was dual booting with my macbook running 10.4 and xp home and all was going fine until i ran parallels today. The program promptly crashed and so I tried booting into windows natively and it told me that it was missing a number of .dll files. Thinking it was going to be a lot of hassle sorting out the missing files, i erased the partition containing xp and tried to use disk utility to restore the .dmg of the partition i had containing my windows install. However i cant seem to restore the partition, as when i do it comes up with an error saying (an error 6 occured when copying, device not configured)
Any idea how i can sort this out ?

Associate
Was the XP partition formatted as FAT32 or NTFS? If it was NTFS then that would explain why it can't restore the image as OS X can't write to NTFS.

Also is the new partition the same size (or bigger) than the old one? If it's smaller then it won't let you restore the dmg.

Associate
OP
Its the same size and FAT32 Format, so i cant see what the problem is?
At the moment i'm attempting to get it to work by creating a bootable copy of osx on a external hardrive, booting into it , and then attempting to restore it the xp image with carbon copy cloner

Back
Top Bottom