Need Help With Domain Alias

Associate
Hi, I need some help? I am looking to move from TSOHost to Krystal and would like to sort out an niggling issue first. I originally setup my website with and I wanted to change my domain name to something else. At the time Vidahost set it up on an Alias, so that both domains are active.

Now I want to move it to my gaming one and take off my original one. I look in WP settings and notice that Site URL and Site name is set to my gaming one and also the .htaccess and wp-config file shows the correct names, esp if I add two lines with the addresses to the wp-config file. Yet when I remove the alias then the gaming one stops working until I put the alias back and then it works again.

Anyone help me with what I am missing as I followed a few guides online and I still seem to have the issue of it sticking to collector-corners as the main name no matter what I do. Thanks in advance for any help. Appreciated.

Anthony

Associate
OP
Hi thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. Yes you are correct that is what I am trying to do. Following guides online make it sound so simple, but obviously it is not. If you can point me in the direction I would be grateful. Thanks again

Associate
OP
Thanks for that detailed reply! That is a great explanation. I can work with that and yes it is Cpanel, so I now have something tow work with. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom