Need Help with Everquest crashing PLZ

Associate
Hi All, I'm new to this so i hope I'm posting in the right place.

A friend of mine is having some trouble running Everquest lately. He's had the PC for 3 years and has been running 2 boxes fine, up until 2 months ago. When he switches between windows he gets a black screen and the game crashes or the pc restarts. He would idealy like to run 5 boxes. I did say that might require an upgrade, it's been a while since i've built or upgraded a pc for someone else and i would like to get this right.

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320m-k
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-C 8-T
RAM: DDR 4 8GB (2600Mhz He believes)
GFX: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 4GB

Any help would be amazing. If any more info is required I'll get what i can.

Thank you

Man of Honour
It could be graphics drivers, the graphics card, the power supply, it is hard to say really.

It would be best if he can monitor the usage through task manager so that we have an idea what 1 box takes, but I'd guess that to run 5 boxes, it would help to have a 6 core CPU (like the 3600 or 5600) and an upgrade to 32GB of RAM.

Associate
OP
It could be graphics drivers, the graphics card, the power supply, it is hard to say really.

It would be best if he can monitor the usage through task manager so that we have an idea what 1 box takes, but I'd guess that to run 5 boxes, it would help to have a 6 core CPU (like the 3600 or 5600) and an upgrade to 32GB of RAM.
Okay thank you. I did install HWMonitor, would those results help. i dont have them on me but i can get them next Tue 23rd.

Associate
OP
I'm not sure hwmonitor shows usage/utilisation, but task manager does.
Sorry its been so long, been under the weather. Tetras thank you for your help. He's gone for the upgrades you suggested, I havent heard anything from him since. I'm assuming all is ok.
Once again, Thanks for your help Tetras.

Back
Top Bottom