Need help with new build - (been a while)

Associate
Hi,

Been a long time since I have owned a PC but the days of my Imac are growing short and fed up with gaming on PS4/XBOX one.

I already have a 1080 at home and have ordered a Predator X34A 34". I also have a keyboard and mouse.

Main use is for gaming and photo editing (a lot of editing with Photoshop/Lightroom).

Looking to spend about £1k on rest of build. looking for a plain case, quiet and hopefully white, not really interested in window.

Drives I'm only looking for SSD/M.2 (not sure the difference) but currently only use 50gb for my photos and probably 200gb for games, but I can expand as I need, so 500gb or 1tb of drives will be enough for now with room to expand.

I imagine this pc will last me for 3-4 years with the possibility of getting another 1080 down the line.

Any help would be great! I have no idea on Mobo etc as I can see price difference of £00's but I am unsure as to what the extra buck with buy me. Also with M.2. and ssd I have no idea which work with what?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick reply. This maybe a stupid question as its been a while...
Do I need more than 16gb ram?
Should I get quad channel or dual channel?
Is 650w enough for me to upgrade to a sli 1080 in the future.
Looking at all the m.2 I can see some that say pcie x4, which seem to be faster (saw a Samsung for 500gb and £200) would these work with this config?
Sorry for all the questions

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Ah ok, more thinking from a sound level. If I remember correctly in my last computer the CPU fan was the loudest thing in it. As this computer is going to be used in the bedroom as a Netflix/movie watching machine, I'm trying to ensure it is silent.

Associate
OP
So, made a few changes main due to really liking the Fractal case. Before I pull the trigger can someone please confirm this will all work with a 1080 (future in SLI) and allow me to add more SSD in the future.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,040.95
(includes shipping: £14.10)

Back
Top Bottom