Need help with some Excel wizardry

Soldato
Little stuck...again ;)

So I am trying to keep a log of the "trays" on our parcel sorter. Basically ,ost are fine, some are blocked manually by request of my engineers and some are automagically blocked by the sorter itself.

What I am trying to do is create a list of trays that are currently blocked that updates itself as I add/remove them from a table. My workbook already tells me how many are blocked, just a simple COUNTIF() does that.

Sheet1 has the overview (number blocked, % blocked) and eventuall, I want it to list the blocked trays to make it easier for the engineers to see where to repair. 'cos right now our old as hell system cant print a list, or tell us which were blocked automatically or manually. We cant network its sever either, so I'm gonna share the worksheet.

The machine in question has two independent rings, with 399 shelves on each. So Sheet2 is set up as such. Hope the formatting sticks!

Code:
     |    Ring 1    |    Ring 2    |
Tray | Date | E/A | Date | E/A |

Any ideas?

Associate
If a countif is able to get you how many are blocked, then you could just filter in sheet2 to see just the blocked trays? A pivot table in sheet1 would also work.

If you could post or trust me an example worksheet with some dummy info to show how it currently works I could probably come up with a formula to pull out the blocked tray numbers if you don't want a pivot or filter.

Back
Top Bottom