need help with tube bending

Associate
Hello nice people, i have just built a wall mounted system with 2 radiators, water cooled cpu, gpu, and mobo, my big problem is the bending of the petg 16mm od tube, so far i must have spent over 200 quid on tubing trying to get all the bends right, so i am asking is there anyone who lives near lancaster who is any good at bending and wants to earn some money to come sort my loop out for me before i pull what's left of my hair out lol.
Ron

I would suggest you go back to square one and watch some guides on Youtube. Do you have some sort of bending kit, either sepeate mandrels or a tool such as this or this (you would need the 16mm one)? The silicon bending insert needs to be soaked in very soapy water to lubricate it so it can be pulled out when bending is complete. I have found that it's better to have the heat gun standing on it's end with the nozzle facing up and hold the tubing a few inches from it while slowly rotating and moving the tubing a inch or so to either side of where you want the bend to be. When it starts to soften place it in your mandrels or bending tool and carry out the bend. Never overheat the tubing! Always take your time, measure twice and always chamfer the ends of the tubing so that it doesn't destroy the O-rings on the fittings. It's not that hard to do with the proper tools and some patience and once mastered the finished result can be very satisfying.

Last edited:
As pastymuncher said need to be sure
You have the basics correct
Assuming you did that
It may be you just don't have
The knack and no amount of practice
Is going to help
Another possibility I guess is if
No one near you to help
If it's basic angles and stuff
Someone may be able to bend it
And post it to you
Given the correct measurements

Hi pastymuncher, i have all the gear to be able to bend the tubing, but as mcnumpty 2323 says its i just don't have the knack, and after spending the amount of money ive spent i thought its time to ask for help
thanks again for your replies
Ron

Yeah if you've spent that amount
On tubing already
I think you're sensible to shout for help
Something that's easy for one person may not be
For someone else no matter how much they try
Is it just simple 90 degree bends?
Or more tricky stuff?
As its possible to buy tubing
With 90 degree bend already in it

Back