Need Help

Associate
Hi, I have a problem with my computer. I can get my computer to start up, however the monitor does not display anything. I have yet to install a fresh copy of windows on to my computer as most of the hardware is new. I am running:

mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
CPU: AMD Phenom2 X6 1055T AM3
PSU: 750w Antec High Current Gamer
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8Gb (2X 4Gb) 1600Mhz
GFX: 2x ATI Radeon HD 5770 CrossFire

Please I really need this to work so that I can make some real progress on my university course. Any help would be much appreciated.

Associate
OP
I have the 8 pin hooked up to the motherboard and the 6 pin hooked up to the graphics card. I have also tried clearing the CMOS. I have tried hooking the DVI connector to both the graphics card and the motherboard, with and without the GFX card connected.

Associate
OP
I have connected both the 24 pin and the 8 pin connectors to the motherboard. I have not yet tried the other monitor on another PC. I don't have a spare PC that has a DVI connector on it, or that can take the GFX cards that I have.

Associate
OP
I have tried only the onboard GFX but the monitor did not get a signal. I don't know if the system is booting up correctly. The graphics card does not have a DVI to VGA adapter. Does anybody know if the mobo type BIOS is supposed to have a beep or a visual signal?

Back
Top Bottom