Need new headlight bulbs, spec me up!

Associate
Hi

Today my brother noticed that one of my dipped beam bulbs wasnt working.
Time for a set of new headlight bulbs.

I want some decent ones (getting a pair) that shine nice and bright but dont cause oncoming drivers to flash at me.
I would like a nice clear white beam if possible.

What bulbs are the best and how much am i expecting to pay at Halfords.
I assume i need a pair of H4 bulbs (my car is a Mk5 Ford Fiesta Zetec S)

Thanks

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
As said, some have single bulb units, others use two.

Due to the weird fitment on the Clio I had to go for some Philips Blue Visions and they've been great, not blue at all just clear :)

Soldato
Ev0 said:
Philips Blue Visions and they've been great, not blue at all just clear :)

Ive got the same. I was a bit disappointed however, as i cant tell the difference at all between the crappy bulbs in the car when i bought it, and these phillips ones :(

Soldato
James_N said:
Ive got the same. I was a bit disappointed however, as i cant tell the difference at all between the crappy bulbs in the car when i bought it, and these phillips ones :(

Should have bought the Philips vision plus then instead of wasting money on a gimmick.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
James_N said:

They've been good for me, noticibly brighter and it's a clearer light it that makes sense!

Soldato
Yeah Phillips Vision Plus and The Osrams meantioned are both on par with each other. Even the powerbulbs own brand are very good, on par with the Philips vision plus that they replaced. Don't know if they will last as long as the Philips though, I had them bulbs for 6 and a bit years :eek:

Associate
I fitted philps vision plus bulbs after some bosch ones I had blew, to be honest I didnt notice any different. Only different I noticed was fitting a HID kit.

EDIT: That was Psycrow posting. I can't wait till I get my pc back. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I would love a HID kit but for H4's its about as much as my car is worth :( Although I could change to phase 3 lights at the same time and save myself a few quid.

Soldato
100w's are illegal (not that anyone will notice if they are propperly dipped or for that matter care) but the most important thing is the beam is still normally not much better than top end 55/60's. Your wires *should* be fine but i'd still take 55/60's any day.

The other half has Halfords 50% brighter jobbys in atm after one of her's went in the winter (they were open till 8 and they seem to always have them on BOGOF £12ish iirc) and I can't fault them, she had OSRAM's Xeon's in before and they are just as good.

YMMV ... litrally!

Back
Top Bottom