need power supply with 6pin aux cable !

ajm

ajm

Associate
I had a pc with the same connector on it and my psu failed,i replaced it with a 400w with just the 20 pin and the 4 pin (no 6 pin on the psu) and it works just fine with no problems.Maybe worth a try for you if you have a spare to check it out with.

Soldato
ajm said:
I had a pc with the same connector on it and my psu failed,i replaced it with a 400w with just the 20 pin and the 4 pin (no 6 pin on the psu) and it works just fine with no problems.Maybe worth a try for you if you have a spare to check it out with.
I think derbyjake means another connector.

Don't you mean a 8-pin EPS connector?

Soldato
derbyjake said:
im not sure its on a compaq ap550 is reffered to as an aux connector,

it does boot up with it disconnected though, i tested do you reckon would cause me probs tho
It is propably an extra supply of power for the mobo much like the square 4-pin connector on ATX mobo's

Hard to tell if you will get problems, I guess it is possible under a high load that the CPU voltage can dip or be a little unstable, I guess time will tell.

Associate
from what I remember Compaq boards with an aux connector require it, the aux connector is what older server boards used for extra power. It has since been replaced with the EPS connector. Finding new PSUs which also have an aux connector may be a bit of a pain (especially if you want no noise)

Last time I got a Supermicro branded PSU (rebranded but I can't remember from what) it had EPS and AUX so that may be an option but it isn't quiet.

Also the Silverstone Zues series have an aux connector

ajm

ajm

Associate
@Dutch Guy
I were referring to the 6-pin AUX connector that used to come with older psu's when P4 first arrived.

I have been running my P4 without this connector for the past 7 months now without any problems.These psu's usually come with a 20-pin,a 4-pin and a 6-pin aux.

Back
Top Bottom