Need some advice on web design costs

Associate
Hi all I wonder if anyone can help me. I have recently been laid off, and rather than go on JSA I decided to do odd jobs with regards to PC repairs and stuff like that for friends and family, people they know etc. And yes I have registered with HMRC though I don't think I will hit the threshold limit lol.

Now a friend have asked me to create a simple web page that will be used to promote their disco business. So it is a site with Index page and 5 -6 pages, an image gallery on one of the pages. Also they want me to update the page for them once a week.

Now I was thinking of using a wordpress template, as they can use the front page as a blog to post their upcoming events. But I have never charged for web site design before so my 2 questions are:

1) How much to charge to setup the site above
2) How much to charge a week for updating

I would rather do this than sign on for JSA which is why im going the above stuff to earn some money. Thanks for any advice which will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice, I weren't looking to jump in and make a living just off the web design. I have create some websites before, I was just wondering of costs as this will most likely be just a one off.

Like I said I do repairs and stuff as the main, this is just something that i've been offered to do and with having no job thought I would take this one job on and earn a living, get experience as I cant see me doing many websites yet as I know I need more experience.

I know HTML and CSS, but I was going to use wordpress as there is a template I can use and due to the basic info they want I thought wordpress would work as a quick solution.

Thanks for the advice though much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom