Need some advice. What would you suggest?

Soldato
Alright. :)

I'm planning on splashing out on the PC a bit, last thing I bought was my 7800GTX.

Now I'm torn between getting the Swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra" Watercooling Kit for ~£165 or G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit for ~£155.

My CPU is taking about 1.58v to hit 2.75Ghz, so I'm thinking watercooling would be something new for me to try and perhaps hit 2.9-3Ghz. That would compliment the fast gfx card too.

OR, should I keep my current air cooled setup and sell my 1Gb of PC4400 Ram and get 2Gb.

What would be a good thing to do? I am tempted to push the CPU further and try out water-cooling but what would be the better option for my system.

Water-cool or 2Gb? :)

Thanks for any help!

Soldato
OP
Blue Cypher said:
What temp on full load is your cpu now? if its below 55c then personally i would go for the RAM as you will see more of a difference by gaining a gig than 200 and odd mghz.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Temps on load are (According to MBM5) ~55 degrees like. Give or take 1-2 degrees. So I am at my max I think CPU wise on air. :)

Would 2Gig help more than like you say 200-300Mhz on the CPU.

Thanks!

Associate
i would try water cooling as well, as the ram wont make much of a difference to your overclock in my opinion, but you would see significant gains in some games and video software from 2 gig of ram

Back
Top Bottom