Need some advice with a forum hosting/domain issue

Soldato
I'm a bit stuck at the moment as I had a forum with a .com domain name, but I let domain name expire. :o (it wasn't a public forum, I was just using it for testing stuff).

So can anyone give any advice on how to access the forum so I can get into the adminCP and change the URL to a new one?

(it was hosted with tsohost if that's any help).

Presumably the site has an address ofther than the .com but I'm not sure how to tell what that is.

Associate
You would have been given a IP to assign to your domains DNS you should be able to use that.

You can do a dns history lookup to find out the IP if you cant find it in your emails etc.

Soldato
OP
I can still access CPx which lists a "shared IP address", but that doesn't seem to direct to my site (although it works with filezilla).

I'm guessing if I know the current URL I can edit the forums config file to get it working again.

Or I might take the easy route and export the database in CPx, then import it to a new forum installation (noob solution, but it would work I guess).

Last edited:
Associate
Was the domain and hosting set up together through the host?
It's possible that it's configured in such a way that will only be accessible through the original domain name.

Associate
What you can do is edit your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file, and place the IP and Domain it was originally.

This will allow you to then just access the site like you still own the domain and can do what you need.

Back
Top Bottom