need some help and advice fast

Associate
hey all

ok jumping straight in, tommorow i am purchasing a new computer practically and its the first time i have built one with all custom components. i have a budget of roughly £900 or there abounce, the site i will be using to purchase these components is ******.com as i find them best value for money.

Here are the specs i am thinking of getting

Logitech Z5500 Speakers 5.1 Surround Sound 505W RMS (definatly)

Asus Xonar D2X Soundcard - 7.1 PCI-Express (to compliment the speakers)

Zalman CNPS9300-AT PWM Aero Flower Socket 775 Processor Cooler (obviously for the cpu overclock, any advice?)

CM Storm Scout Case - 120mm and 2x 140mm Fans Included

Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache

either ASRock P45TS iP45 Socket 775 7.1 channel audio ATX Motherboard (any good)

or

XFX nForce 750i SLI Socket 775 (1333MHz FSB up to 1800MHz overclocked) 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard (advice between these two boards)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Energy Efficient 95W edition Socket 775 (2.40GHz) G0 Stepping L2 8MB Cache OEM Processor (i have old b3 quad and want to clock this new one to to 3.0/3.2 ghz) (will this be possible?)

CIT 750W Dual 12V Rail 12cm Fan PSU - 2x SATA 1x PCI-E (enough power?)

Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 HyperX T1 Memory Kit CL5 2.2V (Ram Smile )

XFX GTX260 Core Edition 896MB DDR3 or a ati 4870 1GB or BFG GTX260 OC MAXCORE 55nm 896MB (D) Dual DVI PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card (cannot decide need help big time with this???)

in my current computer i have a xfx 9800gtx+, b3 quad on a p5b that wont go past 2.8ghz, also i am powering a new 42" lg hdtv tommorow.

So my questions are how does that some up and can somebody kindly answer the questions in brackets.

Will this rig overclock to 3.0ghz? and on a scale of 1-10 how good is this for a setup, Many kind regards well in advance.

Associate
OP
thankyou ever so much for the quick response guys i was looking at a i5/i7 but i may fork out for that next month, loving the idea of a 5850 and all the tech you have put up there , i am wondering if this site does next day delivery for a saturday in which case i will delge deeper into this, yes core 2 tech is old i completly agree. i have fallen in love with the coolermaster case i have listed , and the dvd drive can come off as i have one already to rip from my current comp.

unfortunatly the z5500 are a lock been craving them for a while now, they really damage the price. i really love the setup cmndr_andi has put up for me and i appreciate the time and effort you put into that. i5/i7s work on ddr 3 triple channel tech if i am correct right and that stings the price. i am totally lost now as that is a awesome price to tech ratio, can anyone tell me how good my setup listed is and if it will clock to 3.0ghz?

Any chance of some other setups listed as such?

thanks to every for there quick responses.

Associate
OP
hyperst thanks for the response, great community here thanks all. thats a little over my budget tho mate. £920 is the most i am willing to go for and for that i really need to include the z5500 and d2x and cm scout case so i guess that mess's my i5 set up big time.

95thrifles thanks for your response also i may be tempted to go with that setup its really pushing the budget but looks awesome can anyone tell me why everyone is suggesting i5 set up over a q6600 , i mean q6600 have great overclocking abilities and i have heard that the i5/i7s get very hot, i mean dont they both have the same potential?

Also dvd drives are not an issue as i have loads of blu-ray drives. Anyone could add a case to 95 rifles that looks stunning like the cm scout?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok a few more questions sorry guys lol.

i want to say a big thankyou to everyone who has posted screengrabs especially cmndr_andi (for his perserveriance) and hyperst.

ok i have worked this out as follows

THINGS from OC UK (What an awesome site)

20rjkgl.jpg

And obviously £16.25 for saturday delivery as i just cant wait and want my wages gone in one day which brings me to £540.25 correct :)

And then from ****** as these bits are a little bit cheaper on there

Logitech Z5500 Speakers 5.1 Surround Sound 505W RMS £232.50

Asus Xonar D2X Soundcard - 7.1 PCI-Express £83.95

CM Storm Scout Case - 120mm and 2x 140mm Fans Included (in stock and cheaper) £74.97

Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM
£55.95

+ £5 which they quoted me today = £936.67, now i only have like £64 left to play with , for that i need a cpu cooler and power supply i have a ezcool 650w in my current comp but i have a feeling this wont be good for the mobo so can anyone finish off my cart for me , o and do the i5s overclock well as i have always dreamed of a 3ghz system, THANKYOU all

*** just noticed i had the £9.50 standerd charge and i want saturday so if anyone can kindly do the maths could save few pounds there (sorry its late here) also the d2x is like a fiver cheaper on here so can someone total it lol, Money saved is everything why pay for it higher if you can get it cheaper

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ouch that leaves me with £34.65 can anyone find a cheaper psu that will do the job, its going to make all the diffrence to weather i live poor for the month or just get through. you have to rember ontop of that i need to pay £200 to finish off getting my 42" hdtv with 160gb inbuilt hd. basically my monthly earnings this month is £1327 and out of that i think the rig is pretty darn expensive so can anyone find me a alternative on the psu front? Also how long will this rig be future-proofed for?

Associate
OP
what does micro ATX mean?

also i was looking at the ASROCK P55 PRO Socket 1156 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard which is a few quid cheaper and is not microatx (does this board have good overclocking abilities?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
okay so just to inform you all i went for the i5 with the Asus P7P55D LE Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard which i am happy about my last question is i am going for Arctic Power 700W PSU - With PCI-E, 4x SATA, 20+4, ATX12V, 8pin +12V Connectors - Retail Boxed , will this be fine working with the setup :)

Associate
OP
just wanted to let you all know i got my rig and have built it now and its awesome

i5, 2.66 lynnfield
bfg 260 216 core overclocked edition
Asus p7p55d le
4 gb ddr 3 ripjaw or what it is lol the phone operator sqeezed more money for better latencys

700w arctic power
asus d2x xonar 7.1
logitech z5500
1 terabyte samsung hd
500gb hitachi
llightscribe/dual dvd rewriter/bluray
coolermaster t2x cpu cooler
coolermaster cm storm scout case

question: how long will this be futureproofed, the operator said the next 3 years? and next month i plan to get a modular power supply/ati 5xxxx powerfullest card there is , also i would like to know i only recieved 2 clips for the t2x cpu cooler and i need 4 and i also didnt recieve my operation flashpoint dragon rising code or nothing with my i5 i understand its out on the 10th of this month but can i get the required piece's i was promised?

kind regards

Back
Top Bottom