need some help. blue screen and strange messages..

Associate
every now and them my PC shuts off and blue screens, some times it brings up mad messages, my start menu sometimes endsup been disabled, some times i get a message sayin system will shut down in 59 sec and count down. other times it will give me a message sayin my product key has expired, but the next time i boot up its fine..

i ran mem tests and seems as tho part of my memory is bad again, but would this be causeing all this problem?

results from mem test are as follows

failing adress 0006e77b884-1767.6MB

good 08080808

bad 0a080808

does this mean 1 stick is bad, it kept failing same address..

any ideas what i can do?

format PC or anything? :confused:

I'd certainly try Memtest86'ing each memory stick in turn, as well as all together, at least two passes, to confirm whether the memory is acting up or not.

It sounds like you got processes crashing randomly, causing the 60 second reboot thing...I think its if remote procedure call dies, it triggers that message.

Are you overclocking? If you are, clock down to stock and see if you still experience the BSOD's etc.

If the memory comes up fine, I'd be looking at a reinstall...I tend to reinstall every 3 months or so anyway!

sorry lol

strange messages, have you been reading begbo's threads. they contain strange messages lol. :D

as said, looks like your mem is failing.

test each stick on their own for a good long period.

But to thrown another spanner in the works, could it possibly be the page file?

Also the 60 sec shut down sounds like that virus, i forget its name. But it basically shut your machine down everytime you booted up.

Back
Top Bottom