Need suggestions for a new PC

Associate
That time of the decade again where I haven't been keeping up with hardware so I would like to ask for some help.

Budget is £3k

Hopefully I would like to be able to use raytracing and aim for 4k 120hz.
The motherboard should have as many USB slots as possible.
A high storage SSD.
I have a strong preference for nVidia and Intel.
I will need an OS, I'm not sure if Win11 is basically required now or not.

I do not need monitors or peripherals.

Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The motherboard should have at least three HDMI slots (for VR) and as many USB slots as possible.

The motherboard? Can you clarify this?

Most Z790 boards only have 2 in total (1x DP and 1x HDMI).

If you mean the graphics card, that is also problematic, because modern cards are mostly DP with only 1 HDMI.

Sapphire's 7900 XTX Pulse has 2x HDMI and 2x DP and you can get 1x HDMI on the board, if that will be sufficient, but I'm not sure why you want them on the motherboard?

Associate
OP
The motherboard? Can you clarify this?

Most Z790 boards only have 2 in total (1x DP and 1x HDMI).

If you mean the graphics card, that is also problematic, because modern cards are mostly DP with only 1 HDMI.

Sapphire's 7900 XTX Pulse has 2x HDMI and 2x DP and you can get 1x HDMI on the board, if that will be sufficient, but I'm not sure why you want them on the motherboard?
Yes, sorry, I removed that requirement, my mistake.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Seems that the case is out of stock with no ETA, thinking of getting this instead, I think it will fit all of the components but I wouldn't mind a double check. Will have to buy some fans for it, too.

That's works.

Do you want a rgb case with some RGB bling Like this

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Associate
OP
Yes, I added a 140mm fan, the cooler comes with three fans too and since we're out of the hot weather that should be enough for now. Can always buy some more if need be.

Back
Top Bottom