• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need the Professionals Help!!!!

Associate
I've just bought a Nvidia 7900gt 256mb gfx card and i thought i would have ago of installing it myself.
One of the problems i thought i would encounter was that my power supply wouldn't be up to the job, It's a 450w (no real make) it was a generic one that came with the case
Anyways to cut a long story short i installed the graphics card connected all the essentials and booted it up.On the first boot the graphics card wasn't recognised and inturn just rebooted it self over and over again until i had to hold down the power button to switch it off. On the second boot windows loaded up fine and the recognised new hardware bubble popped up, but then i had the dreaded BSOD.
All i want to know is this my incompetance of fitting a gfx card or is this a power supply issue?
Any advice would be grateful thanks!

Associate
OP
easyrider said:
USE generic PSU's at your own risk.

The only psu's I will use that come with cases are the ANTEC one's.

You can even get a new case with a 400 w ANTEC PSU for 60 quid!

Thanks for the advice! at least i know for sure what my problem is. I'll just buy a new power supply rather than the case aswell.

Back
Top Bottom