• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need to unlock max gpu temp R9 295x2

Associate
I am trying to overclock my 295x2 but catalyst control centre only allows a maximum of 75C for my card. Is there any app or register key I can amend to let the cards max out at say 85C.

Associate
OP
Seems to be throttling at stock settings too. 1018/1250
Tomb Raider using the settings in the benchmark thread.
Min 93.4
Max 153.7
Avg 120.3
left the benchmark running for a few min after the score updated and GPU2 was throttling.

Associate
OP
Is the fan moving on the radiator and the gpu?

Fans are working fine. I even added a pull fan to improve the cooling when I installed it. I might replace the AMD fan with a better one and see if that can keep the temps south of 75C. Other than that I don't know what to do other than RMA the card as faulty.

Associate
OP
Is the fan moving on the radiator and the gpu?
Err as it happens, nope the pull fan isn't pluged in.

Forgive me for asking but are you sure the second fan you installed is blowing the right way?

Luckily it is the right way round. few.

Doh, it appears I was wrong and the pull fan was not working since it somehow became disconnected from the MB probably when I replaced the PSU. So rage over, although the Max temp for GPU2 is now 72C in Heaven which does not leave much room for overclocking.

Thank you to everyone for helping me get to the bottom of the problem and I will look out for that new BIOS.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have got mine mounted to the front of my case pulling air into it. I have a corsair SP120 push fan attached to the front which has dropped the max temperature to 70c, also replaced the stock fan with a corsair AF120 pull fan on the back.
BTW just in case you are not aware it is very likely your 4K monitor will not run at 60hz until AMD fix the drivers. It will however work ok at 30Hz for now.

Back
Top Bottom