Needing a CPU cooler for 5600X + New case fans.

Permabanned
The 5600X is running stock and hitting 83c because I like to keep things quiet, this is quite warm...
How can I bring noise down and keep the CPU cool? I would love to push the CPU with overclocking but it interferes with my want for quiet operation.

I would also like to upgrade all case fans. The stock Phanteks fans are obnoxious.
noise-level-load.png

RGB is of no concern either way or inconcequental.

My full system spec are as follows.

5600x
MSI B550i MPG Gaming Edge Max WiFi
Arctic Cooling eSports Duo (Great cooler but needs a larger case to do well) Bang/buck is excellent.
WD Red HDD
3 SSD's
Inno3D iCHILL x4 3070 LHR
SuperFlower Leadex III 650w (Non ARGB).
Phanteks P200A performance edition case.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Probably the Noctua NF-A14 is your best bet.

Static pressure: max. 2.61 mmH2O is very good and they will push as much air as you need at reduced volume.

I'm happy with the Phanteks fans but I could see how they would be better. I remove the 12v power to run them without RGB.

Have you connected all the chassis fans to your motherboard and run a quiet noise profile in the BIOS though?

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-pwm-chromax-black-swap/specification

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £35.69 (includes delivery: £8.70)​

I love Noctua fans.

Are these the same performance wise? If I am buying 3, going brown to cut costs is no issue for me.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-fan-140mm-fg-021-nc.html

So that link is for the non premium fans which have an mmH2O of about 2.0.

I prefer the highest mmH2O rating possible but I have some ML120 fans (with static pressure of about 3.0) and they were very noisy at full RPM.

The pro fans have a max db sound lever of 22.4 dB. The non pro are 24.6 dB. Slightly quieter if you get the pros. At low RPM there should be very little difference between the 2.
24.6DB is already on the really hard to hear side.. no issue there.

Thanks.

Just waiting on CPU cooler recommendations, size is going to be a problem.

Edit, what about Scythe Kaze fans?

Further investigation..

Looks like I can only get the 120mm versions but they seem really worth it.

I will get the Scythe based on how those perform, they crush Noctua as a case fan and are considerably cheaper.

Noctua, 3x 140MM + 120MM total 85.84

Scythe, 4x 120mm 39.80...

We have a winner!

Last edited:
Get the fans first temps should improve as the arctic 34 is more than enough to cool the 5600x.

Sounded great until I ran Prime95, hit 90c and my system shut off.

No it really is not enough and this was with 1.337v with fans set to hit max speed on the CPU cooler at 60c.

I am going to reapply the cooler, if it continues there may be something wrong with my cooler or I just have a very hot running 5600x.

Last edited:
So I cannot get the Kaze fans for a reasonable price going the route I would like to so ended up with Noctua wwhich I am happy with as they are great performing fans even if they are beaten a bit by the Kaze, they should be far better than the stock case fans, my only concern is fitting space for the Fuma 2 but I can always return it if it causes issues and go for a downdraft cooler instead. OCUK don't have the Fuma 2 in stock so Amazon it is.

There is not a lot of rear exhaust fan clearance.

Untitled.png

You know that that fan that you ordered is an exhaust fan and pretty rubbish at bringing air into the chassis? They have very low static pressure.

1,19 mm H₂O is pretty poor for an inflow fan.

I wouldn't suggest you use that fan but it's up to you.

Static pressure matters when pushing through components such as a radiator or heatsink.
This case has nothing obstructing the front part so these fans should be fine.

I will return them if they perform subpar.

Reviews seem gleeming.

Untitled11.png

Back
Top Bottom