Needy Of A Good Free Virus Scanner

Caporegime
You can get Norton AV 6 months free by downloading Google tools. You get a lot of things with google tools so just untick the boxes so you don't get them. I can't seem to find the link at the moment. Any help people or aren't Google doing this no more?

EDIT: Sorry, It's not called Google tools it's called Google pack and you get Norton Antivirus 2005 Special Edition 6 months free and Ad-Aware SE Personal with it if you tick them.

Soldato
G-MAN2004 said:
You can get Norton AV 6 months free by downloading Google tools. You get a lot of things with google tools so just untick the boxes so you don't get them. I can't seem to find the link at the moment. Any help people or aren't Google doing this no more?

Norton? I wouldn't install that on my worst enemies PC.

Associate
Norton is a resource hogger and slows down enev a fast PC quite noticably. Its also been proved not to be even as good as some free AV at catching viruses!
I use AVG...never had much bother with that

Soldato
G-MAN2004 said:
Why's that then? I can't remember Norton not being very good on my PC.

Because it's a bloated memory hog and more often than not the live scanner element ends up locking people's machines up through taking up 100% of the CPU cycles. 9 out of the 10 PC faults I have to fix have been easily remedied simply by uninstalling it.

Caporegime
toxic said:
Norton is a resource hogger and slows down enev a fast PC quite noticably. Its also been proved not to be even as good as some free AV at catching viruses!
I use AVG...never had much bother with that

Cuchulain said:
Because it's a bloated memory hog and more often than not the live scanner element ends up locking people's machines up through taking up 100% of the CPU cycles. 9 out of the 10 PC faults I have to fix have been easily remedied simply by uninstalling it.

Hmm. Thanks for that. Never really noticed a slow down but might consider changing it now. What AV would you recommend? AVG?

Associate
Cuchulain said:

Quoted for truth.

aaazza

Back
Top Bottom