Neighbour threatened to knock me out...

Soldato
My garden is a bit weedy, not all that bad as it was cleared out beginning of the spring, so just this summer's growth. Large patch of prickly nettles at the bottom that have flowered and are now in seed with fluffy white buds.

This neighbour from a few doors along approached me the other night while I was getting out of my car demanding when I'm going to sort the garden out. I said "come again?" Then he replied saying all the white fluff is getting on his lawn. So I then said "it will get done when it gets done but it's pretty low on my list of priorities at the moment".

Then he went on about knocking me out and "getting me" if I don't sort it ASAP. I just laughed and pointed at my CCTV while he was still threatening to do me when I'm away from the vicinity of my home.

What rights has this gammon meat head got over what is growing in my garden?

Will he be demanding the council cut the trees down in the park immediately outside our gardens when the leaves blow on his lawn? :rolleyes:

It's not even as if he has a well cared for garden, it's just an average clover infested lawn.

Oh and I don't see any of this fluff in my 2 next door neighbours lawns so I assume he is talking out of his backside.

Soldato
OP
I was thinking about filling in an online police report but not sure if I can be bothered with them coming round here first to confirm things and stuff before they go knocking on his door. I didn't actually get him on CCTV as it's out of view but if he had went for a swing I would have made sure I was in view first.

I own my property and he owns his but I don't give two hoots about anything police related coming up on searches, if at all, in the future. I doubt it would anyway as it would unlikely go any further than the police knocking on his door and having words.

Other than the weeds, there is no rubbish or dog **** or any stink in my garden.

Soldato
OP
Totally out of the blue and no previous warning signs. I think we just happened to be in the right place at the right time e.g. me getting out of my car while he was on his way to get in his car. I hardly ever see him in the street.

Soldato
OP
He's probably a bit knarked off as he paid £100K for his house 15 years ago (according to Rightmove) when it's probably worth half that now at best. :D

Soldato
OP
Never spoke to him in the past. Also what if it was a plant I had planted that was blowing seeds? Would that have been OK? At the end of the day a weed is just an unwanted plant.

Soldato
OP
I think you'll need to explain this one a bit more...

Back in the boom years before the credit crunch, the house prices went way up. Now nothing is worth more than £60K in my street now. There are 2 similar houses up for sale on my street at the moment struggling to sell for under £70K.

This is the lovely north east where house prices are low.

Back
Top Bottom