Neighbours axed

Most bizarre news of the year. I'm not sure what exactly Amazon Freevee is aiming to achieve though. Are they going to start off with a year's worth of episodes and then move it to Prime when it has built up another following?

I wonder if they will continue to use the old Melbourne cul-de-sac. It must be a bit weird for the homeowners who live there to possibly have all the TV crews coming back when you think you'd got peace and quiet.

Most bizarre news of the year. I'm not sure what exactly Amazon Freevee is aiming to achieve though. Are they going to start off with a year's worth of episodes and then move it to Prime when it has built up another following?

I wonder if they will continue to use the old Melbourne cul-de-sac. It must be a bit weird for the homeowners who live there to possibly have all the TV crews coming back when you think you'd got peace and quiet.

I just assumed the show owned the set.

I'm trying to think when I started watching it.

I was around in the 80's and remember the Kylie / Donavon hype, plus remember Kylie's first few music hits, but although I had seen an episode or two, I wasn't regularly watching it back then.

I was definitely watching it regularly when the Kennedys moved in, according to Google that was 1994, I remember watching the episode they moved in.

I'm guessing maybe a year or so prior.

I wonder how many hours of Neighbours there is, I'm thinking it's probably years ...like I mean if you solidly watched them 24 hours a day.

It'll be good to go back to the years I missed.

I wonder when they will start putting the back catalogue on there? Surely before they start showing the new show episodes?

I can't wait for the backlog i so will be watching them in mass to relive the old story lines and cast since bugger all on these days or if there is u watch binge then u got nowt again lol. Probs watch about 6 hrs a day lol with luck. :)

Shame its not coming back mon to fri one a day anymore the rumor is. Plus most of the cast is probably involved with other things so might not be able to return or want to return some of em. Least todie is back he was one of the better long lasting ones. Rumors say some old cast might come back which could be interesting.

Looking forward to the harold and madge storylines like the affair and the harold missing then coming back stuff.

To convert near 9k eps to digital from the tapes will take awhile to process so yea it could be when it relaunches the back cat will turn up, shame as could do with it now tbh. Edit hmm just watched the clip above, they said not be long till backlog will be available, hope its on freevee and no sub needed for amazon prime to watch em all.

Last edited:
Neighbours is back. 7pm tonight. ;)

I was watching channel4 f1 qualifying on catchup(only time I see tv ads) and I saw one for this.

Loool.

That's all I can say

I'll watch it for a week or two to check out who's the eye candy and take it from there. :D

EDIT: Ending was a bit nuts but it certainly did the trick as I am now intrigued enough to watch the next one.

Last edited:
Sets are too bright, no lived in look but more showroom now, some new cast that dont look interesting imo. Camera angles and framing like its zoomed or something made me dizzy. The end bit was like wtf as that would never happen if u know the characters well etc etc. Ill give it a chance but has some fixes to do asap. So far 4/10

Plus its changed too much, its trying to be modern but no one i think wanted that for neighbours its suppose to be a slice of normal life in auz without other soap types weird plots to get views tho yes it has had em but its becoming too often like before it got canned it had some big plots that old 80s neighbours i dont think woulda happened.. And diversity, goes too far sometimes. But ill give it a chance i guess.

Im waiting for full 80s and 90s backlog to come then ill be happy rewatching that for a few good years.

Last edited:
Sets are too bright, no lived in look but more showroom now, some new cast that dont look interesting imo. Camera angles and framing like its zoomed or something made me dizzy. The end bit was like wtf as that would never happen if u know the characters well etc etc. Ill give it a chance but has some fixes to do asap. So far 4/10

Ridiculous ending too :p

Back
Top Bottom