Neighbours God **** tree!

Soldato
OP
Not if it’s protected! You have to apply for permission even if its on your land and then there are set rules on how it must be cut and so on.

Yes this was also a thought. he said it wasn't protected as I said I'd like it if it could be thinned a bit to remove some of the worst bits, but the concern then would be less weight my side would it eventually just fall towards his house.

Soldato
I have a tree in my garden which has a protection order on it and we can only trim it back 20% or something every three years. It also hangs over my neighbors garden and after we moved in I went over for a chat about it and we agreed to go half on the bill.

Just go and talk to them. :)

Soldato
Yes this was also a thought. he said it wasn't protected as I said I'd like it if it could be thinned a bit to remove some of the worst bits, but the concern then would be less weight my side would it eventually just fall towards his house.

I'm no expert on trees, but I'm sure it doesn't work like that! :D

The root system will spread out massively under the ground to give the tree stability, you could thin out one side and it wouldn't fall over. Get a tree surgeon in to give expert advice if he's concerned

Soldato
Doesn't seem like he is very helpful, he doesn't get to just have his tree and not bother with the consequences. Get it cut all the back to your boundary and if he doesn't like it then tough.

Soldato
to be fair we have a neighbour with a tree overhanging our drive. A big road with 42 detached houses and im about the only one where we have a untidy tree over hanging, and the neigbours consider it fine, most other houses are fairly tidy hedges etc I asked him once to take it back or i would as it was overhanging my side and dropping everything over my cars and drvie. Was a year ago or more. Two fairly large branches litrally come over my land by a inch and then into a shared driveway lane to each drive which im sure our deeds say no trees.. I have nearly took these two branches down but it would make the tree look so stupid I have been a good neighbour. This year the tree has grown as you would expect at the parts we cut last year and he hasnt done a thing. A bit anoying

Soldato
i would say it would depend on your house and cars. Im a clean car person spend a lot of time and money keeping them right only to be covered in leaves / sap / twigs a day later from nothing to do with me

Associate
I honestly don't understand the perspective of these annoyed neighbours. Surely the tree was there before you bought the house? How you can complain after the fact you bought the house is beyond me. Sell up, go get an apartment in a city high-rise and live tree free..... Or just do what normal people do, suck it up and get your hands dirty two or three times a year.

Soldato
ON your property
Dig hole find big root from tree
drill hole in root
put length of hose into root
Fill in hole with top of hose exposed (cover with plant pot)
Every day pour some roundup or creosote down hosepipe
:D:D:D
Problem will go away after a while

The above is not for taking seriously

Soldato
I think I remember that driveway from another post. Were you not moaning about someone parking an inch or two over your boundary?
I would just sweep them up, trees are life givers you know. Too many people cutting down trees for no good reason.

EDIT : Jesus, I was right
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/parking-near-a-dropped-kerb-how-close.18846516/

You do tend to moan a lot, maybe you should find a pass time or something to keep your brilliant mind occupied.

Last edited:
Soldato
i would say it would depend on your house and cars. Im a clean car person spend a lot of time and money keeping them right only to be covered in leaves / sap / twigs a day later from nothing to do with me

Probably should be parking your car in a garage if you really wanted it to be kept clean from the environment.

As for the OP:
I'm personally in favour of leave the tree, who cares if there are conkers all over the ground? Also from the pictures it looks like they cover the street (or am I wrong?)

If your area or street has character to it you need to accept that some things have been there a lot longer than you have. It could be decades old.

If it is effecting the ground or the tree is over growing the best option would be to have a civil chat about the tree, see what he thinks and let him know what you think and your concerns.

Soldato
OP
I think I remember that driveway from another post. Were you not moaning about someone parking an inch or two over your boundary?
I would just sweep them up, trees are life givers you know. Too many people cutting down trees for no good reason.

EDIT : Jesus, I was right
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/parking-near-a-dropped-kerb-how-close.18846516/

You do tend to moan a lot, maybe you should find a pass time or something to keep your brilliant mind occupied.

You seem to be unaware that the people were parking illegally and got tickets for covering half our exit and now it doesn't happen. They got tickets because we were right. You do seem to have an issue with others having issues. Have you considered getting yourself checked? Perhaps go outside and get off your computer and see the world?

You're moaning about someone moaning about something that literally doesn't effect you even in the slightest. I couldn't get off my drive way like I should have because it was blocked. I moaned.

You see text on a computer forum and you moan. Jesus wept man. Try something better with your life.

Soldato
OP
I honestly don't understand the perspective of these annoyed neighbours. Surely the tree was there before you bought the house? How you can complain after the fact you bought the house is beyond me. Sell up, go get an apartment in a city high-rise and live tree free..... Or just do what normal people do, suck it up and get your hands dirty two or three times a year.

It's a good point. But the tree was also smaller. It was even smaller 10 years, and in 10 years it'll be even bigger so we have the right to say cut it back now, and in 10 years let's cut it back again. Trees aren't a static thing that never changes. I'm sure you're aware of that right?

Soldato
You seem to be unaware that the people were parking illegally and got tickets for covering half our exit and now it doesn't happen. They got tickets because we were right. You do seem to have an issue with others having issues. Have you considered getting yourself checked? Perhaps go outside and get off your computer and see the world?

You're moaning about someone moaning about something that literally doesn't effect you even in the slightest. I couldn't get off my drive way like I should have because it was blocked. I moaned.

You see text on a computer forum and you moan. Jesus wept man. Try something better with your life.

I'm trying to think of something to say that wont antagonize you further, but the only thing I can think of is to ask you kindly to seek some help before its too late. Life is to short to bother getting wound up about the smallest things, don't let the ******** get you down.

Soldato
OP
I'm trying to think of something to say that wont antagonize you further, but the only thing I can think of is to ask you kindly to seek some help before its too late. Life is to short to bother getting wound up about the smallest things, don't let the ******** get you down.

Ahem. Beer monster UK needs to seek advice. People are allowed to find small things an issue that they'd like to solve in an adult manner. Beer monster UK however needs to get over his feeling that this is a huge issue. It really isn't.

Soldato
OP
Huge issue? Dude, it's leaves and acorns on a drive........... The adult way is man the **** up, buy a brush and get on with your life.

Yes you have an issue if you think it's that bad that someone can't try and solve a small problem like acorns falling from a tree covering a drive like it does.

I can't imagine your life that leads you to reach the level of outrage that you have, even if small, because of this simple thread. It's literally the least important thing in my life, but it's still an issue I'd like to find any improvement to. And this has caused you enoogh of an outrage to bother replying and replying in the manner you did.

Seek help. There are biggers problems in this world. Even my tiny acorn issue is bigger than yours

Back
Top Bottom