neighbours without respect for other road users, or the law.

Soldato
following some kind of accident neigbour has now been driving around with a part obscured/off-angled number plate for the last few weeks, with last two characters difficult to distinguish (like last character I show)

He has the means to restore it within legal requirements, but has just not bothered. clearly no point speaking to him.

Do you just put up with people like this ?

35820949802_3374fb6ed2_o_d.jpg

Soldato
OP
It's a good job you covered the Volkswagen badge. Wouldn't want anyone finding out what type of car it is.
It was a double-bluff, maybe he was the son of one of the Beastie Boys, so it would probably confuse him
OK - I will join the next multi-purpose Corbyn protest with a wonky reg plate banner

.. for the plate a piece of duct tape would do it - I can advise him if he starts a thread; yes, would not bother with the bumper/bodywork

Soldato
OP
Do older cars have thicker steel on the exterior skin and more resilient paint (solvent based not water) so are inherantly more ding proof.
(could not find any breakout by manufacturer but 0.8mm seems typical, Changes to aluminium is going to have repercussions too.)

Car parking slots are going to have to be supersized too ... why not charge more for bigger cars ?

Soldato
OP
if obscured characters might cost you £100 fixed penalty, many folks are sensitive to that, or, a recall on their hotpoiint dryer, it seems wonky is not itself illlegal so maybe a new trend.
"in 2015 ... 5,395 who were fined or prosecuted nationwide" so you can play the odds.

I am not unduly concerned by cosmetics (remember your first keying ?) fixed enough to avoid corrosion (did buy the right match) mechanical integrity is more important.

Soldato
OP
OP*2 just showing my workings - due diligence, with a few minutes of searches (350M a week NHS funding - lol)
first reply was correct/good

Soldato
OP
wasting my time giving it a 2nd glance nevermind photographing it, editing it and posting it on here.
Yes that is 3 minutes of my life gone - too much? (it is a doddle on a laptop), I learned something though - dont't do it again :D, no not really, the feedback was helpful.

I extrapolate from replies onto what opinion would be of moving traffic respect issues (tailgateing etc etc) with daily recidivists I see on commute route, but w/o a 360 video cannot really have an objective forum discussion (not that objectivism ever stops discussion)

Back
Top Bottom