Poll: Neknomination - retarded, or just a bit of fun?

Nenomination - retarded?

• Retarded

Votes: 302 47.6%
  • Retarded

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Retarded

Votes: 47 7.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 81 12.8%
  • Retarded

Votes: 66 10.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 99 15.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
So the latest craze to sweep the banal and inane world of social media is called 'neknation' - the idea being that you video yourself drinking a quantity of alcohol as fast as possible, and post it online, challenging a friend to complete the same task within 24 hours, or else be forever loathed for breaking the 'chain'. :rolleyes:

So far, it looks like at least 2 people have died from doing this, and it seems there's no shortage of idiots taking part.

Seems to me like a waste of good booze, let alone the stupid risks involved as idiots invariably out-do one another.

Darwin awards candidates perhaps?

Anyone else found seemingly sensible friends taking part in this rubbish?

Edit: Neknation, this man is doing it properly.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/02/this-...thing-amazing-with-his-neknomination-4288467/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Outdone. Even in my stupid student days I still would think this whole thing is ridiculous!

Glad the options for my poll were so well thought-out :)

Trying to decide if that's a personal insult or not :p

I can't see the problem, but then I don't need much persuading to have a drink and a laugh.

Maybe your charisma bypass was a complete success afterall? :D

But this isn't about "going out, having a drink and a laugh" which most people manage perfectly well. This is about the 'neknominate' part of the drinking which clearly brings out the idiots! I very strongly suspect that Isaac would be alive today were it not for this 'game'.

I'm surprised that killed him as well. Not sure of the maths of it, but that's only something like 24% proof?

It's not just the proof, it's that he drank 1.5 litres of it, as fast as he possibly could, which isn't how most people drink 1.5 litres of 24% alcoholic drink!
Every part of his stomach and intestine will have been absorbing the alcohol at the same time, leading to pretty much immediate alcohol poisoning.

Would / could you drink 2 bottles of wine, straight up, 1 after the other, and think you'd be OK? Then to get it closer to the %age he was drinking, down about a further 10-15 shots of vodka?

I'd personally expect to vomit all over the place and be in all kinds of pain, with a high likelihood of hospitalization from such aa idiot move, hence why I wouldn't ever try it.

Back
Top Bottom