Nerds assemble! Raspberry pi close to launch date.

That's why cases were invented..
Smartphones can't run xmbc and this is much cheaper.

Would it still 'fit in you pocket' with a case on though, it looks like you'd need fairly baggy trousers as it is....

raspberrypi-down.jpg

There's no way anyone who wears skinny jeans could stick that in their pocket with or without a case (although people who wear skinny jeans have bigger problems to worry about).

If it doesn't fit in your pocket, just take your netbook or tablet.

I can understand people who don't currently own any form of portable computing buying one but not people who already have a tablet or netbook PC.

Would it still 'fit in you pocket' with a case on though, it looks like you'd need fairly baggy trousers as it is....

raspberrypi-down.jpg

There's no way anyone who wears skinny jeans could stick that in their pocket with or without a case (although people who wear skinny jeans have bigger problems to worry about).

I can understand people who don't currently own any form of portable computing buying one but not people who already have a tablet or netbook PC.

Thats an early protoype the actual PI is smaller

raspberrypi-down.jpg

Here we go again, apart from the fact that he is shoving the board into the camera to make it look bigger, i have pockets in my jacket that can fit a board twice that size. And with a case it'll be protected. I carry movies around with me on my SG2 but i still need a host PC to run it from when i want to watch a movie on a TV. And you are seriously suggesting that taking a netbook or tablet 4 times it's size is more convenient?? :rolleyes:

Here we go again, apart from the fact that he is shoving the board into the camera to make it look bigger

So I can't use his hand (which is just as close to the camera) to judge scale then?

, i have pockets in my jacket that can fit a board twice that size.

Ahh so it'll only "fit in your pocket" in the winter then?

And with a case it'll be protected. I carry movies around with me on my SG2 but i still need a host PC to run it from when i want to watch a movie on a TV.

Why can't you just plug your SG2 straight into the TV using the MHL port?

And you are seriously suggesting that taking a netbook or tablet 4 times it's size is more convenient?? :rolleyes:

I'm suggesting if you think a notebook or tablet PC are too heavy to be carried around then you need to get down the Gym pronto. Tablet PCs and Netbooks were designed to be portable, that's the whole point of them.

These things were designed for schools as a cheap way of introducing computer science to kids, they weren't designed to be portable home theatre units. I reckon anyone buying one of these who already has a protable form of computer (smartphone/tablet/netbook) will get bored of the novelty value of this tech pretty quickly.

So I can't use his hand (which is just as close to the camera) to judge scale then?

So you concide that it's small then? And that the current version is actually even smaller?

Ahh so it'll only "fit in your pocket" in the winter then?
I'm not a ***** and only run around in a T-shirt, a gentlemen goes out properly dressed ;):p

Why can't you just plug your SG2 straight into the TV using the MHL port?
I'll concide to that, i've never tried it

I'm suggesting if you think a notebook or tablet PC are too heavy to be carried around then you need to get down the Gym pronto.
Never said to was too heavy, i said less convenient

Tablet PCs and Netbooks were designed to be portable, that's the whole point of them.
Yes and great when you travelling by car, air or train. I've yet to see someone carry around a 55" LCD TV on a train yet

These things were designed for schools as a cheap way of introducing computer science to kids, they weren't designed to be portable home theatre units.

So people in your world won't be able to use things for what's not intended for? Dumb

I reckon anyone buying one of these who already has a protable form of computer (smartphone/tablet/netbook) will get bored of the novelty value of this tech pretty quickly.
Depends entirely on the person and not what they have

Last edited:
EDIT: In reply to estebanrey, there will be cases coming out for the Pi and thus you can stick it quite easily in your pocket without any worries. And what smartphone have you got that's got a hdmi connector on it? As most smartphones don't as far as i know?

Most new (mid-high end) ones do! Mini HDMI out. I have it on my Atrix

Here we go again, apart from the fact that he is shoving the board into the camera to make it look bigger, i have pockets in my jacket that can fit a board twice that size. And with a case it'll be protected. I carry movies around with me on my SG2 but i still need a host PC to run it from when i want to watch a movie on a TV. And you are seriously suggesting that taking a netbook or tablet 4 times it's size is more convenient?? :rolleyes:

SG2 has HDMI via MHL cable - you could just carry a cable around with you ;)

Back
Top Bottom