Nerds assemble! Raspberry pi close to launch date.

I agree, but most of the general population won't use linux because it looks different. It's amazing how big this seemingly trivial barrier actually is.

It's not just nix to windows where this is a problem. We are rolling out windows 7 at work and more than one user has asked if we can make it look like XP :rolleyes:

And on topic: I anticipate much F5ing today :(

One of them just only let me register my interest not buy:confused:
I did that as well.
I dont know if they have sold out already (with 10k units, i guess there will be 5k to each store? Not a lot really), or if they havnt been put up for sale yet (i have seen some people saying this on twitter).

There's also some listed on ebay already. The same guy has at least 40 listed at £50 each. Estimated 4-6 days delivery. I'm not sure if he's taking 'preorders' and is just going to ignore the delivery date and send them out in a few weeks/months when he has stock (there's no way he can have that many of them already), or if he's just going to do a runner with the money.
Last time i checked 23 of them had sold. :|

We just want something better. Windows is not bad, but it linux is thousands of times more secure. Because of foss and permissions. My mum and grandad use linux with no problem I think the pi will make people much more interested in linux.

FYI Guys they have never been on sale at RS today only the register your interest page has been up. Apparently RS will contact you by the end of the week to process your order if you have registered interest.

Was confirmed in a tweet

Wow the supplier websites folded quickly and have pretty much stayed hammered.

Got one from Farnell but with an estimated delivery date of the 26th of March I'm guessing it's not one of the first batches.

My Arduino arrives today so I should have at least had time to get familiar with that before I tie it up with the Pi for some automation goodness.

I went to buy one at 7.30 and I got the 'register interest' page at RS and Farnell's would not load. Not happy now that others got theirs after me :)

Oh well roll on next batch all the bugs will be ironed out hopefully too ;)

Farnell website is working fine now. I just placed an order, had to go through the full entering payment details etc and got a confirmation email.

Look forward to it's arrival :D

Back
Top Bottom