Netflix: Drive to Survive

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Reviews suggest that they've done well to make it exciting, without exaggerating.

Can't wait to watch this when the mrs is out tomorrow night :cool:

Caporegime
Reviews suggest that they've done well to make it exciting, without exaggerating.

Can't wait to watch this when the mrs is out tomorrow night :cool:

lol, we'll I'm watching it, it's monumentally exaggerated, it's got shedloads of fake sound effects, crashes have what sound like gunshots going off, and shards of glass bouncing across ground like in some fancy film shot as a debris scattering on the track effect, stupid slow down in these moments, fake engine sounds, injected commentary.

Some of it is interesting, a lot is incredibly boring and there is some serious serious bias and weirdness in editing. Personally I think it's a bit of a joke and a waste of a documentary. Lots of painful cliches from Buxton, lots of clips of interviews we all saw. It's not something a non fan would be interested in while a fan will have seen most of the stuff in it making it a bit dull.

Into Ep 4 it's ludicrously Ricciardo heavy to a degree where just how much he's in it but no one else is from ep to ep gives it a feeling of picking to favour a driver. In Ep for the 'coverage' of the race literally ignores who won it, tries to make it sound like Ricciardo was going to win in Austria then his car failing and that was it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You do realise Ferrari and Merc refused to be in it? Who else were they going to focus on?

I understand Haas are featured heavily, but I haven’t watched it yet.

Associate
I haven't watched and prefer to watch F1 documentaries from the past.

I still believe danger is inherit in the sport.

Going back to the nineties, F1 was considered safe and whilst heralded now - When Senna signed for Williams, everyone thought like Prost '93 it was going to be a done deal - no one foresaw the Benetton/Schumacher combination.

With the aggressive driving, now applauded, its only a matter of time - the sport bites.

Soldato
OP
I haven't watched and prefer to watch F1 documentaries from the past.

I still believe danger is inherit in the sport.

Going back to the nineties, F1 was considered safe and whilst heralded now - When Senna signed for Williams, everyone thought like Prost '93 it was going to be a done deal - no one foresaw the Benetton/Schumacher combination.

With the aggressive driving, now applauded, its only a matter of time - the sport bites.

Not sure what your point is?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Watched the first 3 episodes so far. The added sound effects don’t bother me and weren’t as bad as I thought they’d be.

Watching the Haas mechanic’s agony after the double DNF was horrible. Especially after their pep talk before the race :(

Soldato
Watched the first one so far, im quite liking the non focus of Merc, Ferrari. Last year was nothing but Merc/Ferrari footage, so it makes a refreshing change.

Haas is an interesting story/team and no shocks American filmmakers follow American team. you really feel for them in the first race, id totally forgotten that happened.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Finished watching it last night. The awkward moments in Haas particularly when Grosjean kept stacking it in the barriers were hard to watch.

Also, I now hate Max for his attitude toward Daniel and his general demeanour. Talk about smoking his own product in a way that makes him wholly unlikeable.

I reckon if they can get Merc and Ferrari on board for season 2 and got more F1 pundits to talk to camera, they’d have a pretty good documentary.

Lol’d @ the “suck my balls mate” moment. Gets me every time :D

Soldato
Really enjoying this, the extra sound effects don't bother me at all. On episode 4 and reminded of how **** Bottas is, taking out Ric then getting passed by him...

The overall production is really high quality thus far, not sure about the above comment re sucking balls (cough) but Ric has certainly been talking about scrotums and stuff :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Really enjoying this, the extra sound effects don't bother me at all. On episode 4 and reminded of how **** Bottas is, taking out Ric then getting passed by him...

The overall production is really high quality thus far, not sure about the above comment re sucking balls (cough) but Ric has certainly been talking about scrotums and stuff :p

Soldato
Just started this morning and enjoyed the first 2 episodes, good to get a different perspective and to see bit more behind the scenes, a slight alternative end of year review as such, getting my interest up in preparation for the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom