Netflix here we go again.

Received an email from Apple confirming my Apple TV sub was having a price increase to £8.99 p/m.

Cancelled it. I wasn’t getting the full value from it at £6.99 p/m so a ~28.5% price hike is just not tenable for me.

I know it’s only a couple of quid a month but it’s one of those bolt on subs I have that doesn’t get full use in the first place.

Received an email from Apple confirming my Apple TV sub was having a price increase to £8.99 p/m.

Cancelled it. I wasn’t getting the full value from it at £6.99 p/m so a ~28.5% price hike is just not tenable for me.

I know it’s only a couple of quid a month but it’s one of those bolt on subs I have that doesn’t get full use in the first place.
Sign up with currys perks, after a few days they send you a free code for 5 months of Apple TV, costs nothing and works on new or existing accounts.

Seems like we may get less movies on the UK version of netflix

Wanted to watch a movie a few days ago that was listed as being on netflix but it not on the UK version :mad:
(Movie name was Real Steel)

Seems like we may get less movies on the UK version of netflix

Wanted to watch a movie a few days ago that was listed as being on netflix but it not on the UK version :mad:
(Movie name was Real Steel)

Yup Netflix is pretty dire for movies, and a majority of the movies they do have are petty atrocious.

Amazon is better for movies.

Amazon is better for movies.

Was looking through prime last night and noticed the movies that are expiring from prime with in the next 30 days

Here some of them

Jack Reacher
Jack Reacher Never go back
The Accountant
Shooter
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit
The Expendables
Red
Rush Hour
Mission Impossible Fallout
Spectre
Tropic Thunder
Wrath of Man
Etc
Etc

Last edited:
Just has an email from Disney+ saying their annual price is going up to £109.90 (why not £110?). Wasn’t going to renew anyway but this confirms it.

There isn't any playing... You connect to the VPN for, say USA, then open Netflix and play the programmes like normal
so the movie itself is not played through the VPN ? which might impose throttling/bandwidth limitations on the packets - what does netflix run at 15Mbit for 4k ?
Maybe netflix uses amazon cloud now but they did have cache servers at the ISP hubs I thought (e: which you wouldn't exploit through a vpn)

music streaming services, like TIDAL you only use the VPN to sign up, but they don't subsequently do any IP geo-location so you don't need the VPN.

Last edited:
something I subseqently saw on vpn impact on download bandwidth V they rank vpn's - they're not specifically testing netflix though,
like iplayer I'd imagine netflix have several tiers of bitrate they can 'seemlessly' switch between them

Download
Upload

Latency
Bitdefender VPN32.40%45.40%38.80%
TunnelBear VPN42.60%63.30%48.90%
CyberGhost VPN47.40%15.20%56.00%

Back
Top Bottom