Netflix here we go again.

I need to scan my Samsung phone using another phone to use the qr code :cry: .
No devices eligible. Don't understand why there's isn't just a list of devices that qualify.

Last edited:
Sounds like they're planning on going back to raising existing prices from what the BBC article I read this morning said.
Yes, not good, but they will be able to without major issues, there isnt much competition really, Amazon is pretty poor, Sky is expensive. Worst case they lose some users they wont be any worse off than before. Only option would be for people to subscribe monthly every now and again ie every 2/3 months when they want to binge watch etc.
Wouldn't surprise me if they start introducing annual contracts to combat that too

Steaming live sports is their next move

That's one one thing I miss about cancelling my TV package and license. Just the really big things like the Olympics and world Cup stuff would be nice to watch. Just not worth £300+ a year when I can go to the pub and watch it.

I would happily cancel most of the streaming services we have but the missus likes to be able to snack on 20 different services periodically without having to actually do any work.

so they'll compete against Amazon who bought the rugby footage from BT and have tennis too - sports where the money is made, with the price of beer down the pubs my folks don't go there as a substitute.

Eurosport monopolize cycling, the only sport streamer I've temporarily signed up for in the past (can't remember if it was 4K too and good bitrates),
and, for the last summer+winter olympics, they also had better organised, even some exclusive coverage of some of climbing, moguls etc. where BBC iplayer stuff was a mess.

Back
Top Bottom