Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Associate
Sadly still drawing a blank. The telnet is looking for a login admin and password. The CMD prompt is "D700" so it seems that it is trying to connect to the modem. I enter the login but when I try to enter the password, no characters are shown and the login fails. I haven't had a chance to re-boot the router as my wife is working from home today so I guess that's a task for tonight.

Associate
Just looked at the rest of your stats, no G.INP so ECI cab but as you say, the Billion is OK. I Really would want to try another D7000 before giving up on it.

Its going back. The response from Broadcomm was to reboot the device when the noise is high - hardly a fix. Credit however to Netgear for their support.

Associate
Well, power-cycled but still can't get in. Stumped now. :(

Every time you power cycle you need to use telnetenable again, I just create a shortcut with the right parameters - like so - (I just made up random MAC and password to show example)

\\Ghost\d$\BIOS\Netgear\telnetenable.exe 192.168.0.1 AB12CD34EF56 admin Password1234567890

Associate
Is this supported by BT infinity? I am assuming I don't need a separate modem as this has built in, can someone please confirm this?

Associate
That could come in handy, does it support vectoring as that is enabled on my line and before I flashed my Huuwaei modem I was getting below average expected sync speed.

Are you sure you mean Vectoring and not G.INP, there are only a few homes in UK doing vectoring trials.

But yeah it supports both Vectoring and G.INP, pretty much all that support G.INP support vectoring also, manufacturers seemed to update their firmwares to do both at the same time which makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom