Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Associate
Hopefully someone I've sent the test firmware to is a sky fibre user and can confirm all is well after they've installed it. If so I can send it over to you.

Associate
Hopefully someone I've sent the test firmware to is a sky fibre user and can confirm all is well after they've installed it. If so I can send it over to you.

That's for the offer, I appreciate it. Router should be here Thursday, hopefully it'll be rock solid stable and I won't need it :)

Associate

I'm on Sky Fibre, installed the new test firmware, but only using it as an AP for the moment. Only a few hours, but so far so good.

Once I see it not crash for a day or two I'll move it back as my main modem too, but can risk DLM hitting me like it has previously (with having to reboot it all the time).

I'll keep this thread informed though.

Associate
Just ordered this router to use on Sky fibre so a little worried that people are having problems using this router with Sky :(

I'm on sky pro and the router is solid for me. I've been running on 18 firmware with no issues. As I've already said several times, best router I've had.. I'm getting 71/20 with G.inp as I'm on a BCM DSLAM.

Associate
I'm on Sky Fibre, installed the new test firmware, but only using it as an AP for the moment. Only a few hours, but so far so good.

Once I see it not crash for a day or two I'll move it back as my main modem too, but can risk DLM hitting me like it has previously (with having to reboot it all the time).

I'll keep this thread informed though.

Unfortunately it's just decided to lock up again.

It was worth a go, I guess I'll just have to keep it on the old firmware unless Netgear manage to work out what's going on.

Associate
Unfortunately it's just decided to lock up again.

It was worth a go, I guess I'll just have to keep it on the old firmware unless Netgear manage to work out what's going on.

There was an issue with sky's own routers, cannot remember which one, it was locking up and crashing due to the anti-virus software being used on the users PC. I think they were using Avast. Might be wide of the mark, but its worth checking its not something bizarre like that.

Associate
Thanks ricke17 for v20 test firmware

Unfortunately lasted only a day and have the same lockup issue, going to try rolling back to 16 the same as jambo862.

Netgear support keep suggesting changing the wireless settings, but my feeling here is it must be firmware issue.

Associate
Have you tried turning off WMM for both 2.4 & 5Ghz in QOS Setup? Mine was a bit stop start when I first got it, I turned those off and all was well, also off is Internet Access QoS. I don't actually use 2.4 or guest wifi at all, so they are turned off as well.

Associate
Thanks ricke17 for v20 test firmware

Unfortunately lasted only a day and have the same lockup issue, going to try rolling back to 16 the same as jambo862.

Netgear support keep suggesting changing the wireless settings, but my feeling here is it must be firmware issue.

Sorry it didn't resolve your issues - it must be Sky specific?

Associate
Just set this router up with Sky fibre, it was on the initial firmware 14, updated to 18 before setting it up. Install was a breeze and connected straight away. Only time will tell if I get the same lock-ups as other people have experienced.

Back
Top Bottom