Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Soldato
OP
Hopefully it is released in the next week or two. I'm due home on the 8th of July so would be great to have it ready and waiting. Although dare I say it, I may give the Asus one more try for a week with ESNP enabled. I doubt that would sort my fluctuating SNR which was my main concern.

Edit: fluctuating snr only on the Asus, the hg612 and Netgear D6400 are solid at 7.5db.

Last edited:

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I'm torn at the minute, not sure whether to hold out and pay the extra money for the integrated VDSL, or whether I should go with a Netgear R7500 Nighthawk X4 AC2350 now :(

Associate
I'm torn at the minute, not sure whether to hold out and pay the extra money for the integrated VDSL, or whether I should go with a Netgear R7500 Nighthawk X4 AC2350 now :(

Well the D7000 will have features that no modem or router will have such as G.Fast capable chipset, which is certainly an interesting thing to wait and see on.

However going to a separate modem and router allows you to more easily upgrade in future without worrying.

An unlocked HG612 modem with custom firmware from H-Wolf is a pretty good option and you can always sell them easily later.

If you are a gamer and want absolute max/min speed and pings and minimum amount of fuss and boxes to achieve such then I personally would wait for the D7000.

Somebody needs to poke LordBarrass and see when he can get some of these in etc.

Soldato
OP
I've been in touch with Netgear and also another online store and neither can give me an answer to when they will be out in the UK. I did see a website in another country had release date for the 26th of this month.

Soldato
OP
Looks like a UK release date is a few months off. 11th of August 2015 I believe and currently showing £179.99 delivered.
Edit: It does say in the details, First available from the 23rd of June so who knows.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone have any more info as to when this is out?

I'm looking to replace my Asus DSL68U which has turned out to be a total waste of cash.

Really need a nice stable Broadcom modem to replace it with and this looks like it will fir the bill perfectly.

Associate
I hope not.

After I wrote my post I went searching and found a place that is getting them in stock today apparently, I spoke to them on live chat and they confirmed that they were.

So I placed my order and should be getting it tomorrow or Thursday.

I wont be happy if I was being lied to!

Soldato
OP
I'll see what the verdict is when I get back to the UK tomorrow and probably do the same. I noticed there has been two firmware releases already for the D7000 where as the D6400 is still on initial release firmware. The full user manual is also available on their website now.

Associate
Hopefully it is released in the next week or two. I'm due home on the 8th of July so would be great to have it ready and waiting. Although dare I say it, I may give the Asus one more try for a week with ESNP enabled. I doubt that would sort my fluctuating SNR which was my main concern.

Edit: fluctuating snr only on the Asus, the hg612 and Netgear D6400 are solid at 7.5db.

How do I enable ESNP mine is doing exactly the same with the fluctuating SNR.

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure. I don't think it will help.
I think you have to switch off the dynamic line adjustment then enable esnp. Not 100% sure as I'm using a hg612 with mine.

Back
Top Bottom