Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Associate
Well, went away, came back, didn't have many more ideas but tried switching the mode to 54Mbps for my 2G network and it seems to be working now. Will try some more options another night..

I have a Canon MG5250 on my D7000 and it is fine and connected at 150Mbps so not sure what you have set wrongly.

Soldato
I have a Canon MG5250 on my D7000 and it is fine and connected at 150Mbps so not sure what you have set wrongly.

Do you have the 2G mode set to "anything up to 600"? That's what mine was on, so I just forced it to the lowest setting to test, which seemed to fix everything.

Before that I tried everything, WPS PIN, WPS button, designated IP for devices, device control, all sorts to get the DHCP to serve an IP address but it just wouldn't do it. Got so mad I had to walk away.

That said, I don't think I'm going to keep mine. I can't use a 3g/4g dongle in it and had assumed that would be available. I'm thinking about going for the Billion Bipac 8800AXL.

Associate
Is it running without dropping the connection now?

There is a command to set the SNR but it doesn't work for me on VDSL. You'll need to telnet into the router. Go back through this thread to find the instructions for doing so.

Once in the shell issue the command xdslctl --help, that will list all the commands. It's something like

xdslctl configure --snr 80

That would reduce it to about 5db from 6db, but as I said, I could not get it to work, if you do, then do let me know..

Yeah no drop outs in 48 hours now, it was dropping out as soon as it would get some usage so it's defiantly better!

I am going to leave the SNR for now to ensure there are no drop outs then I will start playing but thanks very much for your help :)

Associate
I reckon although you might be able to get an address of the servers, unless ALL of your settings are correct, when the DHCP lease is due for renewal ( 1 hour ) there could be a delay in you getting your address again.

That's why I have set 60, 61 and MAC spoofing.

Associate
Do you have the 2G mode set to "anything up to 600"? That's what mine was on, so I just forced it to the lowest setting to test, which seemed to fix everything.

Before that I tried everything, WPS PIN, WPS button, designated IP for devices, device control, all sorts to get the DHCP to serve an IP address but it just wouldn't do it. Got so mad I had to walk away.

That said, I don't think I'm going to keep mine. I can't use a 3g/4g dongle in it and had assumed that would be available. I'm thinking about going for the Billion Bipac 8800AXL.

Yes, mine is on upto 600.

Associate
Well had this router a week now, using it with Sky fibre on the latest official firmware and it's running great (touch wood :D). No issues and router has been rock solid. Got my username and password from one of the online generators and spoofed the mac address of the old router and everything is working fine.

Associate
That's good.

I've just put together a new tool for getting all of the details from a sky router, you'll not need it now, but if you see someone who needs help it's available over on the Skyuser forum.

Associate
I think I may have got to the bottom of my issue with locking up (Sky Fibre), basically hardware problem, swapped out for replacement which is back on v18 firmware and all fine for last 4 days.

Associate
I think I may have got to the bottom of my issue with locking up (Sky Fibre), basically hardware problem, swapped out for replacement which is back on v18 firmware and all fine for last 4 days.

At least now you have it sorted out. Now you can get bored with it as it will just sit there and work! :)

Soldato
How do i enter debug mode with this router so i can use DSLSTATS? I did it once but i reset the router, and i can't find the website that had the command.

Associate
Hey guys perhaps you can provide me with some help or point me in the right direction. The router is disconnecting regularly but it won't reconnect to the DSL even though it has a physical connection (don't know the right way to word it but basically the orange light is on and it's showing the normal speed and SNR's). BT openreach engineers have been round and said its not a problem with the line, what do I do :-S?

Thanks!

Associate
Hey guys perhaps you can provide me with some help or point me in the right direction. The router is disconnecting regularly but it won't reconnect to the DSL even though it has a physical connection (don't know the right way to word it but basically the orange light is on and it's showing the normal speed and SNR's). BT openreach engineers have been round and said its not a problem with the line, what do I do :-S?

Thanks!

Who is your provider?

Does that status/info window show your connection speed?

Soldato
OP
Thanks!
My first port of call would be to try another modem to see if it can hold the connection. If it can, you may have a faulty unit. If not, I would say either a wiring fault or issue with BT side. Have you tried the test socket?

Man of Honour
Quick question...

Do I need a separate modem for a Fibre Line, VDSL, or does it have all this contained in the device? I have the external BT modem at the moment, question is do I need it or can I remove and simply plug the phone cable into the DSL connection and configure it inside the D7000?

Back
Top Bottom