Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Man of Honour
Fixed, thanks. It did cause some odd things to happen that I never understood, such as not allowing me to access anything other than all roads lead to admin screens, even when I type Google into address bar, back to admin. But after some factory resets and a few on and offs within nothing discernible changed, it started to work.

BT box now sitting in a box. A box in a box.

Man of Honour
Instant speed up too, now at 16mbps which is good for where I am I believe. Over twice what I was getting with ADSL2 so that will do, not least as oddly it's a 3rd of the price.

Associate
We tried 3 sky routers, BT openreach engineer said everything as fine and we had a better than average line, still drop out without reconnect. But then now it hasn't gone off for almost 50 hours which is the longest it's ever been. Confusing thing that it is!

Soldato
OP
We tried 3 sky routers, BT openreach engineer said everything as fine and we had a better than average line, still drop out without reconnect. But then now it hasn't gone off for almost 50 hours which is the longest it's ever been. Confusing thing that it is!

Hmm if it still drops out with the sky routers then it could be a line issue. Maybe OR left your place and discovered something elsewhere. Just monitor it a bit longer. See how it goes.

Associate
On the current firmware it won't work. However I've got test firmware that I'm using with my Plusnet IPTV youview box which works a treat. As Plusnet and BT are more or less the same, this test firmware should work for you but use at your own risk (although it works fine for me). Have your purchased this router yet or considering? Either way am happy to share it. Send me an email (click trust and you should be able to send me a message) and I can share the link to the test firmware along with a guide I wrote to help you set it up.

Associate
Just bough a D7000 to replace my old OR modem to Asus router and am having problems with the DSL dropping (on Sky Fiber)

I have spoofed the Sky routers MAC and have out my UN and PWD in the option 61 box.

Any ideas why it might be dropping?

Associate
Hard to say without more info, could be lots of things, we'll need to narrow it down a little.

Enter 'http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug' , with your routers address if not that one in a browser. Then get hold of dslstats from the kitz forum, 5.6.2 is the latest version i think. The instructions for setting that up are also in this thread, so search dslstats in this thread.

Run it and save the telnet data and post that here so we can take a look.

Associate
I think ot was an issue - but not 100% sure - not seen anyone else with this box post any problems with IPTV - we can see if @BRIGGBOY81 can connect with the current firmware or not.

yeah that would be great. if anyone in this thread is using it with bt sport witout any problems could you please post that you are. thx

Associate
AFAIK when I tried to connect using the current firmware (and setting it up as BT amongst other ISPs) I was unable to connect to BT Sport and other IPTV channels.

Associate
AFAIK when I tried to connect using the current firmware (and setting it up as BT amongst other ISPs) I was unable to connect to BT Sport and other IPTV channels.

Because you are on PlusNet, you have to actually be on BT for it to work on the normal firmware which it does work on.

Associate
So have you configured your D7000 to access IPTV on the current firmware then? It wouldn't work for me even changing the ISP to BT hence all the palaver getting the test firmware which finally resolved the matter.

Associate
Hard to say without more info, could be lots of things, we'll need to narrow it down a little.

Enter 'http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug' , with your routers address if not that one in a browser. Then get hold of dslstats from the kitz forum, 5.6.2 is the latest version i think. The instructions for setting that up are also in this thread, so search dslstats in this thread.

Run it and save the telnet data and post that here so we can take a look.

I'm at work ATM so will try when I get home. Could I just confirm that what I have done is actually correct!

I used wireshark originally to get my Sky details and it's these I have in the option 61 box.

The MAC address wasn't required by the Asus router as I changed it to the merlin firmware. So I've taken the MAC address from the sticker on the back of the new Sky router and put this in the MAC address box of the new Netgear (I'm not sure if this is the LAN or WAN address, or either which one is required?)

All OK so far? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom