Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Associate
I have constantly reflashed back to V1.0.0.20_TEST_1014_1.0.1 and I am running that now. I thought you had a copy. I'll send you alink if you haven't.

Rgds

Soldato
OP
I have constantly reflashed back to V1.0.0.20_TEST_1014_1.0.1 and I am running that now. I thought you had a copy. I'll send you alink if you haven't.

Rgds

That would be great if you could and then I can get it tested for a few days compared to the official one.

Associate
do i have to install costume firmware for the TP-LINK Archer D2 Wireless Modem Router i got my sky id and password .to make it all work or do i have to put my password in and that it .cheers

Soldato
OP
do i have to install costume firmware for the TP-LINK Archer D2 Wireless Modem Router i got my sky id and password .to make it all work or do i have to put my password in and that it .cheers

No idea, This is a thread about the Netgear D7000. Not sure if you require additional settings or not.

Soldato
OP
I've just had a try of the firmware you supplied pdes. It makes no difference at all on my line. The sync speeds are pretty much bang on the same as the official release.

Associate
Maybe the issue is how it handles long lines. I have an Attn of 33.3 :mad:

I asked NetGear to compare the two but got nowhere. I can't believe that a coder can't look at the codes and see the difference.

Thanks for the feedback

David

Soldato
OP
Maybe the issue is how it handles long lines. I have an Attn of 33.3 :mad:

I asked NetGear to compare the two but got nowhere. I can't believe that a coder can't look at the codes and see the difference.

Thanks for the feedback

David

Strange how you get such a massive difference. Did you just contact Netgear directly or one of their engineering members in Taiwan?

I've had to take another speed hit due to cross talk with rebooting the modem. I noticed it was sitting around 5.7db but now back up at 6.2db with less sync. The joys!

Associate
I was already in contact with Allen Lai who said he took it seriously and the engineers would investigate. Then nothing but it was within a day that the new update was pulled so I had hoped that they had found something.

My SNR jumps all over the place as I have FEC errors from 12:00 to late in the evening. Obviously some farm machinery or pub equipment causing the interference. I can easily lose a couple of db every day. It slowly climbs back during the morning but often doesn't go bact to where it was unless I sync at below 8.5 mb. Any higher than 8.5 and the SNR drops ever lower over a few days. So much for "superfast"!!

Associate
Ah, never thought to look there. I'll maybe wait for the release notes from the Netgear website.

New Features & Enhancements

The IPTV bridge mode option will only be supported on ISPs that require it.
Shows an alert message when the user selects USA/AT&T during the setup wizard.
Bug Fixes

Fixes the Appscan security issue.
Fixes the issue in which if the Ipv6 internet connection type is set at 6-to-4, the GUI cannot be accessed using www.routerlogin.com.
Fixes the issue in which large file readiness was not supported.
Fixes the IPv6 on Comcast issue (case 1,3,4).
Fixes the issue in which a computer that is connected to a LAN port on the D7000 cannot access or ping an ipv6 site when DUT WAN IPv6 is in Auto Detect mode.
Fixes the issue in which a computer that is connected to a LAN port on the D7000 cannot access www.routerlogin.com if IPv4 is disabled on the computer.
Fixes the issue in which after a factory default, the edit page does not display when Access Control is enabled.
Fixes the issue in which a 5G explanation page does not display when the D7000 is in AP mode.
Known Issues

TD 30 DUT hang when running DSL automation test.
TD 143 : [Wireless-IOT] Test result.
To Install

Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.

Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to re-enter them manually.
Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop.The filename after extracting is D7000-V1.0.0.32_1.0.1.img

Download Link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D7000/D7000-V1.0.0.32_1.0.1.zip
Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.routerlogin.net.
Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.

Associate
Well, I took the plunge and "upgraded" to the latest V32 - and guess what. As usual a lost nearly half of my sync speed. I went from 8MB to 5.2MB and it could not be bettered after a number of re-boots. I reloaded V20 test 14 and went straight back to 9Mb.

I worked with Netgear for weeks, as I am sure many of you have, to identify serious issues. None have been addressed and after months of waiting all we get are fixes for Ipv6.

I am seriously disillusioned with this "support". Maybe it's time, for me anyway, to look for a Broadcom modem/router that works well on long lines.

Sorry for the rant but I feel better now. Another rant to Netgear methinks!

Soldato
OP
Thought about trying one of the new billion devices? They worked well on long ADSL lines. Not sure how they cope with VDSL.

It's strange how that firmware only seems to work better on your line. It made absolutely no difference on my line.

Is there a way to fully flush all settings from the device and not just holding the reset button 10 seconds? Could there be some sort of issue with settings being retained somewhere in the memory causing a conflict with the newer firmwares but working correctly when you reflash the older firmware?

Back
Top Bottom