Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Hard to tell. This chip is G.fast capable in the D7000 but will it be supported, Who knows. Hopefully as they said the D6400 wouldn't support G.Inp until the next firmware update and it already did on standard firmware.

Ricke, Have you read through the manual searching for IPTV stuff? Plenty tags on it and it appears there are drop down selection points for IPTV in the internet setup menus. Or look at page 215.

Have followed the guide but still cannot access IPTV - any suggestions? Called Netgear but they were useless.

I'm not 100% sure to be honest, I don't use IPTV.
Bitsnbobs would be the one to ask as he setup the D6400 for IPTV. Mine has arrived so will look through the menus later on.

I'm not 100% sure to be honest, I don't use IPTV.
Bitsnbobs would be the one to ask as he setup the D6400 for IPTV. Mine has arrived so will look through the menus later on.

Do let me know as it is currently boxed up ready to be returned - I had a problem with LAN 4 too as I couldn't access the net through it.

Have you tried enabling the other LAN ports and trying them? Setting the bridge mode etc? Does it allow internet through port 4 now that it is enabled for IPTV?

So you have a cat 6 cable coming from port 4 on the D7000 going to a switch then off to your different devices?
From my understanding on IPTV, I would have thought you would have had to run directly to the youview box then another cable from port 3 to feed the network switch? I could however be totally wrong there. That is just how I understand it. Have you tried directly feeding it? Latest firmware installed?

It's weird that I'd lose 1 Ethernet port on the router for the you view box. My asus seems to cope with the set up I described earlier. I'm ready to throw the d7000 out of the window so will try again tomorrow. Plus all these router swaps may kick the dlm in so am trying to leave a good few hours in between. Arggghhhh!!!

I have no idea. That was a best guess. It could well be wrong.
I don't use IPTV nor know anyone that does so my help will be very limited. Ideally you need to get a step by step instruction by someone in the know.

Yeh - done that - it is like setting up the internet again - so I ensured everything was the same (if you know what I mean) - in the advanced home I could see that I had configured the IPTV and the internet ok as it said it was connected - youview said it wasnt despite numerous switching it off and on (the youview box) from the back. I won't return the D7000 until Saturday as am hoping someone can help. I am sure I am doing something wrong.

There must be a simple setting we are missing. Hopefully bits&bobs can shine some light on it. I'll have another look tonight/tomorrow and do some digging. What youview box is it?

Netgear C/S are useless - they suggested I call Youview and ask about port forwarding (or something) - I am not that technically minded. I am sure there is something so so simple I am doing wrong. I just need a step by step guide to assist me and that should assist others. It is a plusnet Youview box, but I assumed that the multicast/IPTV settings are just universal. if you could look I would appreciate it - I just don't want to keep tinkering in case i screw it all up!

Cheers - I can access the internet ok and provided log in details for the IPTV drop down menu bit too. It's quite frustrating - finally got a UK C/S number (0808 101 1230 FYI) and I will call them tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far, I really do appreciate it. Other forums I have posted on haven't replied at all. Am ready to chuck the thing out of the window shortly, so I best so rest up haha :-)

Cheers - I can access the internet ok and provided log in details for the IPTV drop down menu bit too. It's quite frustrating - finally got a UK C/S number (0808 101 1230 FYI) and I will call them tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far, I really do appreciate it. Other forums I have posted on haven't replied at all. Am ready to chuck the thing out of the window shortly, so I best so rest up haha :-)

I understand your frustration. I've spent hours and hours trying to get things working in the past then all of a sudden it just decides to work usually but inadvertently doing something you never meant to.

I hope you can get some useful information from the Netgear help tomorrow. I'll try and do what I can from this end.

Back
Top Bottom