Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Soldato
OP
A sync comparison between the HG612 and the D7000, Not much in it at all really. I'm only noticing the dropouts on my PS3, It could be the 20/40Mhz coexistence as it wasn't happy with that on my Billion 7800.

HG612

Max: Upstream rate = 22179 Kbps, Downstream rate = 68320 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 69135 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.3 7.4
Attn(dB): 17.0 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 13.6 7.1

Netgear D7000

Max: Upstream rate = 20812 Kbps, Downstream rate = 69848 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 67770 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.5 6.5
Attn(dB): 16.8 0.0

Soldato
OP
Looks like my issue is with PSN and nothing to do with the Netgear. I have recently started getting an ip fragmentation notification on the ps3 now since the update.

Soldato
After leaving it the weekend I've noticed that it's not just my wireless devices that are suffering from random drops - my main PC, which is connected via powerline adapters, also suffered a temporary interruption!?!?

I think I'm still within 30 days so might take it back to the retailer for a refund!

Annoying really because I never suffered any issues with my previous TP Link router, but the wireless strength is way better on the Netgear!!! :confused:

Soldato
I had never had any problem with internet reliability on the previous firmware, the router and connection had an uptime of over a month and only went down when i upgraded the firmware.

Soldato
OP
Nope, no issues here with previous firmwares either. This one seems stable too, Same sync speed as my HG612. Unsure on errors etc as I never left the HG612 on long enough to get a new figure.
Wireless strength remains good also. I'm not sure if the device is causing issues with some ECI cab users though.

Associate
Has anyone got a copy of the 1.0.0.26 firmware, netgear seem to have removed it from their site

The reason I ask, is I want to upgrade as my router (as of yesterday) seems to have given up connecting to the net (using sky fibre). Working absolutely fine Friday, and despite complete reset and reconfigure its a no go. Mighty frustrating as its worked hassle free using my sky username/pass combo and been perfect.

Associate
Happy to try that if you wouldn't mind uploading it somewhere. Running out patience with it, and I really dont want to plug in my (unfortunately working) sky hub

Associate
Hopefully it'll fix it - this was the last test firmware I had from netgear before the recent formal update which I haven't bothered using/downloading as it seems people are finding it a bit buggy.

Associate
Genuinely confused as to why this has stopped working:

- Moved router onto master socket...still not working
- Changed over filter.... still not working
- Reset router back to factory defaults and reconfigured.... still not working
- Upgraded firmware and reconfigured... still not working
- Did wireshark test on Sky SR102 hub (no difference with credentials)
- Plugged Sky SR102 hub back in, working a treat.

Massively frustrating

Back
Top Bottom