Never sold PC stuff before: Advice?

Associate
After my thread on moving from a desktop to a laptop in a few months, Ive finally decided that yes, thats what I want to do - and now to go about about selling my existing stuff hopefully before I go away for 3 months which is end of May.

Having never done this sort of thing before can you guys give advice on postage costs, how to wrap (I'm not dim, just I understand its computer parts and therefore somewhat fragile) and mostly I' concerned about selling my Lian Li PC75 case - the logistics and pricing just make me want to not sell it!

Thanks in advance, I hope you gleam from the above what I'm after.

If at all possible wrap the components in their original packaging! If not, you're gonna have to get creative with anti-static bags, bubble wrap and polystyrene :D

Make sure that the component cant move around inside the box and that the box is clearly marked fragile - should hopefully stop the postie playing footie with it.

As for your case, I would price up a courier service. I believe Staples are as cheap as £8 so that may be worth a nosey.

SiriusB

There isn't too much to say really, just pack everything as securely as possible, probably best to check what sort of insurance your carrier will offer and if it costs any extra. I've used Royal Mail Special Delivery for smallish items before and I seem to recall you get about £40 worth of insurance as standard.

Unsure on something : What would get me more money (God I sound greedy!) Trying to sell the lot in a local newspaper/on here... or seperatly on here - like I said ideally I'd like everything sold before I go away for 3 months, as if I leave it sat gathering dust when I come to sell it down the line everything will be worth less :)

Chances are probably quite slim that you will be able to sell all components together on here particularly if you have a fairly recent system as most people only want a couple of items at most although you can certainly try :)

Most money is likely to be gained by selling piecemeal on here but it may leave you with a few less desireable components(say PSUs or maybe optical drives).

If you have a local free-ads paper that may be worth considering as sometimes the prices people will pay in there beggar belief.

Best bet is to try on here in the Member's Market. Sell the bits separately and it wouldnt suprise me if you got rid of most odds and sods within a week or two :)

People on here are always looking out for something new to buy and tinker with lol

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom