New 1440 Gaming PC spec required

Associate
Hello all,

It's been maybe 6 years since I built my last rig and looking for a new one. Mine will then go to my eldest son, then his can go to my youngest who hasn't got one yet. So... my justification to my wife is that 3 people will get an upgrade :D

Anyway, I'm looking at building something that will run 1440P at good frame rates. I don't need a monitor or mechanical hard drives. I'm looking at the new Hyte Y70 as the case, probably an AIO Cooler for the CPU with 3 fans and rad at the top, then fans at the back, side and underneath. I've currently got a watercooled CPU zand GPU, but I think I'd rather simplify and leave the GPU without water cooling. I think I'd also rather stick with black components rather than try to find white to match the white case, this should give me more options. I can't actually see the black case as a pre-order.

Any suggestions on CPU? I've read good things about the AMD 7800X3D. Should I be looking at 32Gb RAM as a minimum? What about GPU? I've used nVidia and AMD, so not bothered which camp.

I've currently got an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus Crosshair VI Hero mobo, 4x 8Gb DDR4 RAM, Radeon Vega 64 GPU. I'm running Win 10 on a 2Tb Lexar NM610 Pro, plus an older 1Tb Sandisk SSD Plus as a games and data overflow.

I've got my eye on the EK Water Blocks EK-Nucleus CR360 Lux D-RGB All In One CPU Water Cooler but have no experience with AIO units, so open to suggestions.

And maybe these as the fans: Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 Addressable RGB Black 120mm Fan Triple Pack with Controller

Hyte H70 case here:

Budget - £1500 to £2000 I guess, but I'd rather not spend more than £600 on a GPU... that still makes me shake lol. Although I'm aware that the case is £350, so maybe I'll be lucky to max out at £2k!

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Jed

Back
Top Bottom