new 4670k build, small overclock, cpu cooler, case recommendations

Associate
Hi

I'm upgrading from an old micro atx htpc pc with a G3220 cpu, and have recently acquired a i5 4670k and a 1050TI with a plan for some 1080p gaming/emulation. So would like to have some headroom for a small overclock if required.

I play to keep my Gigabyte socket 1150 H87m G43 motherboard, I know z87 is the way to go, but the 4760K isn't a haswell refresh so I don't need the latest bios for haswell refresh which also prevents the overclocking forcing you onto the z87.

My current case is SFF and is broken, and the 1050TI card is full profile. Can anyone help recommend a case and cpu cooler please.

I want to keep budget as small as possible, my current thoughts are

Tecware Nexus M - around £35 , I like the design and separation of PSU, but the max width is 185mm and cpu cooler height limit is 155mm
Arctic freezer 11 - around £15, better than stock cooler but need to pay more for better coolers.

Would that suffice, or would I be better off spending extra £15 on something like the coolermaster hyper 212 black edition and getting a different case as the cpu fan height is 158.8 too big for the nexus m. Ideally would like the case as small as possible as may put it into an arcade cabinet project one day but limited to the full profile GTX card, micro atx and any cpu cooler height restrictions

Associate
OP
hmmz, for the same price as the tecware nexus M I can get a thermaltake H18 case, and amazon review on that says the 212 will fit despite it saying 155 limit.

So Sounds Thermaltake H18 and hyper 212 is the way to go...

Back
Top Bottom