• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

new 6650xt

Associate
I recently purchased sapphire 6650xt. Before installing it i had a 7950 that worked with my monitor.I have used ddu to delete old amd drivers,put the new card in and no display port signal. After multiple restarts and a few pc repair prompts (somehow my boot drives order was changed) i manage to make the card work. It worked for a few days and again, today no dp signal.The monitor works fine with the igpu,but i have to do multiple restarts until the card works.I have changed the cables, the same thing. Is it the card or something else? Thank you.

Associate
OP
found this thread on AMD website

tried everything...problem still there

Associate
OP
tested the old card again.It shows everything up to the loading windows logo the i get a black display.The only way that seems to get them both working is go into bios boot options and in the override section press the boot drive...somehow this option works.

Associate
OP
Argh I had this problem but with a Sapphire 6600XT Nitro+. It seems whatever the cause of this issue is it's isolated to Sapphire cards which is unfortunate as their AMD's best board partner. So the solution is to replace your PSU, although more then enough to power a 6650 the cards don't like PSU's with separate 12v rails. You will need to get a 750+ watt modern PSU (your EVGA model is quite old now) with fat single 12v rail and you will be fine. Since replacing my PSU i've had no problems, I'm not happy about it but at least I have no problems.
Any recomendations?

Associate
OP
Argh I had this problem but with a Sapphire 6600XT Nitro+. It seems whatever the cause of this issue is it's isolated to Sapphire cards which is unfortunate as their AMD's best board partner. So the solution is to replace your PSU, although more then enough to power a 6650 the cards don't like PSU's with separate 12v rails. You will need to get a 750+ watt modern PSU (your EVGA model is quite old now) with fat single 12v rail and you will be fine. Since replacing my PSU i've had no problems, I'm not happy about it but at least I have no problems.
As far as i can see evga g2 is single rail

Associate
OP
Before you send it back make sure you put a discrete mark one of the labels, or put a sticky dot on the underside of the back plate or something very small so it's barely noticeable and take a photo of it, this is to protect yourself. I sent back my 6600XT for replacement and I'm pretty sure they sent back to the same card so be careful.
took photos of labels and serials.
One thing that came into my mind yesterday when i packed the card back as i kept all the original boxes including the one from ocuk,was that the card had no plastiv protection on the pci part of the pcb.First time i have seen a card without.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
one thing i notice when the card doesnt give signal.On the first boot screen goes black or no signal and also the mouse has no lights(keyboard does)...on the second reboot,the mouse gets lights and i get signal from the card.

Back
Top Bottom