New A1 has arrived

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
First dip into this forum, just waiting for my new Bambu Labs A1 to finish calibrating before I get stuck into my first print.
Always wanted to try and my eldest just started secondary school and has enjoyed using them there so thought why not have another expensive hobby :D

I have the Bambu labs Handy app and maker world, anywhere else I should be looking?

My daughters are keen to make anything colourful so looking at grabbing a few reels of PLA to start, any recommendations on to try or avoid?

@wafflecart thanks for the reply I'll take a look at both of those, definitely something I want to learn early on as a few projects I have in mind will be custom made from scratch.

I wouldnt necessarily say its an expensive hobby. Yes the initial printer outlay can be but then all you need is to buy the filament.
I would say its an addictive hobby though once you get going. Enjoy.
Thanks @varkanoid my daughters are the expensive element at the moment, they want to print all sorts :cry:

Ordered some rolls of Matt PLA when I initially ordered from Bambu and just took delivery of a further 2 roles of Sunlu PLA+ from Amazon, that's the weekend print supply sorted.

I like Sunlu, although only really use the PETG. The eBay stores usually have good deals like 4 for 3 and sometimes combine with other 10%/15% discounts
Since ordering I've found their eBay store as well as the Jayo store which if I understand correctly is the same filament both with decent discounts on bulk.
I'd like to move over to PETG for my own projects once I'm competent in using Slicer software.
On that note could someone recommend a good starting video for learner how to design from scratch in the Bambu software?

Definitely regretting not getting the AMS bundle now :( Any idea if they come up on offer at all?

Ive only seen it at the offered price on the bambu website. , to be honest, I didn't think i would use it that much, but its been very useful and gets a lot of use now!
You could always join the Bambu a1 community on Facebook and ask on there?
I'm on the Bambu lab forum, hopefully I can grab one in the black Friday sales.

I regret not getting the AMS when I ordered the A1, not that I'd have much use for it right now but I know I'll get it at a later date and end up paying more than I should have.

Back
Top Bottom