New bike....shoes....

Associate
Hi guys,

I will be getting a Specialized Sirrus Elite 2012 in a few days, however I was looking at replacing the pedals but since trying my friends I quite like the idea of the clip on's.

I am right saying I need obviously shoes and "cleats" which go on the bottom of the shoe? which then clip onto the pedal?

Also it seems there are different types of cleats, what type would I need?

Quite fancied the Shimano SPD RT51's but seems they are out of stock everywhere with only small sizes left. ( need 10's but after reading you should go the next size up as they are smaller than normal shoes )

Any suggestions would be great.

Budget is £50 tops give or take a few quid for the shoes.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions/advice guys, what is the difference between the m520 which claim to be ( for MTB's ) and some which are for road bikes? is there any vital difference?

Associate
OP
Since this is a roadbike, would I be better going with some road pedals? or would you still say look at the m520's to start with?

Associate
OP
in the end just went ahead and purchased the 520's, just need to decide on the shoes - a bit unsure about the look of the r1's too much silver :( but going to try and find some IRL to look before final purchase I think.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Back
Top Bottom