New bike thoughts. S1000rr vs Fireblade?

Soldato
I looked at both of those last year, but bought a 2017 ZX10R instead.
So I’m absolutely no use to this thread at all :D
I will say that the Beemer has a face that only a mother could love.

Soldato
I’ve got a 2018 blade at the moment and it’s a rocket, ridiculously fast but a bit lifeless, there’s no real rush when riding it as it’s a smooth IL4 engine.

Seating position isn’t too bad as long as you’re not 6’8 as the pegs are quite high and you do get some cramping after a few hours.

The riding position is manageable as the bars aren’t the super tucked in style so you’re not riding like a MotoGP rider, you might get some back aches after leaning forward so be aware of that also.

Electronics wise they’re good, you can buy aftermarket Shifter/blipper for around £550 and it makes it effortless to ride, it’s the smoothest OEM system I’ve ever used, definitely worth it.

The screen is nice and clear, full digital display and easy to navigate your way around the menu system.

While I haven’t owned an S1000RR, I have ridden one many times and they’re also a great bike, again though it’s another IL4 engine so yeah it rides really fast but there’s nothing exciting about riding one.

If I was looking at picking up a Supersport bike now I’d be looking at the Aprilia RSV4.

Associate
I considered a '17-'19 fireblade sp before i bought my bike. never considered the s1000rr as i don't like its looks. bought a ducati panigale v4 in the end, it has so much character and has been reliable. it's not as a turbine smooth as the jap inline 4's but it's certainly not rough either.

Soldato
The s1000 bikes are hugely competent but as already stated lack a bit of passion. It's an absolutely monstrous clinical tool. Great fun when wringing it out but otherwise just a bit flat feeling. Can spice it up a bit with a fruity can.

What's your criteria and what has whittled your choice down to the S1K or Blade?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom