New build advice, £800

Associate
I read somewhere (tomshardware?) that win11 has features that bring out the best in the ryzen CPUs we've been discussing.

Not sure what you have read but Ryzen cpus work just fine with Win10. I think you may have got a little switched around because it is the Intel cpus with P and E cores that work best with the fancy thread scheduler in Win11.

5600 vs 5600x. Do not get hung up on what frequency and boosts AMD say they achieve, this is just marketing. In reality each cpu will boost as high as it can until it hits certain threshholds. Can mess around in bios settings and would not be able to tell difference between 5600 and 5600x because they are near identical silicon.

Associate
OP
That B-grade 5700x is £21 more expensive than a brand new one with the free game collection. The B-grade section is well worth checking for sometimes huge discounts on heatsinks such as this Cryorig R1 Universal for just £49.99.

My basket at OcUK:

If you shop around you can get a Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE120 for £40 or the ARGB version for just over £43. It's a extremely good but budget friendly cooler and you can read a review here.
Just looking at the SE120, it's quite wide. If I go for the ASUS X570-P mobo and install GPU into the PCIe 4.0x16 slot, it looks like the cooler and GPU might get in each others way?

Associate
OP
Just looking at the SE120, it's quite wide. If I go for the ASUS X570-P mobo and install GPU into the PCIe 4.0x16 slot, it looks like the cooler and GPU might get in each others way?
Actually, looking at this again, it's more likely that the cooler will interfere with the RAM in slot B2.

Associate
OP
The cooler itself won't but the fan will. It's easily sorted though as you can just mount the front fan a little higher which is what I had to do. It's not ideal but it does the job.

qHVoB2L.jpg
Thanks - yes I think thats what I'll need to do. I cant raise it too far otherwise it wont fit inside the 110Q case

Back
Top Bottom