New Build Components

Associate
Hi Everyone,

My PC died a few days ago so I need to build a new one fairly quickly.

Its been a few years since I built my last PC so Im a little out of date with the latest stuff and because of the urgency issue I havnt had time to do the level of research I would normally do before buying. Im looking at the below components. Are there any compatibility problems with the selection? Has anyone had any issues with any of the below components?

Ive been advised to delay buying a graphics card for a few months so Im going to try holding off buying that for now.

CPU Intel Core i9-12900K

Motherboard GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS Elite AX DDR4

Memory CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 VENGEANCE

Hard Drive Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB

Case Cooler Master Silencio S600

Cooling Corsair iCUE H100i RGB ELITE Liquid CPU Cooler

Associate
OP
What do you use the PC for?

Combination of work and personal use.

I do play games but as I said I can hold off on those for a few months or hopefully use my old graphic card.
Work does involve a lot of 3D models, video editing, etc.
Mostly though I want to ensure that the PC will be suitable for my needs long term. Since I use it for work I dont want to continually have to stop and make upgrades. Id rather do it now and be confident that it will be suitable for years to come.

Associate
If you can hold off a few weeks for the release of AM5 then it would be good to see what it brings to the table. You will have to look at some specific benchmarks for your 3D modeling programs to see which cpu will best suit your needs. Normally the 12900k does not make sense and it is better to get a 12700k but you may fit into a small category of people it does benefit. You may also want to consider a DDR5 mobo and ram , some productivety tasks greatly benefit from the added speed, it is just gaming where DDR5 is lack lustre.

If you can wait for AM5 then I highly recommend you do so.

Back
Top Bottom